Active Topics

I hope someone can help! I have successfully paired the Nokia 770 and my Sanyo SCP-8400 but I can't access the internet thru the connection. From reading several posts, it appears possible...but I don't know the process. Thank for any help!

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
Assuming you have a data service with your cell phone voice service...

Oh wait... you do have a data service... right?

Omega

I'm a newbie...but not that new. Of course I have data service.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by kazoobroker View Post
Dont get upset, we do not know your level. Please include more info so that we can help you, like what have you tried and what are the error messages etc and do not forget what is your OS/system info and booting from MMC etc. The more info the easier for other people to figure out what is wrong. In particular, more information helps other newbie to compare to their own situations and that is the whole process of helping each other in an open forum. try to search the forum 'tether' or user=bunanson & phone and get some ideas. I have 'struggled' two weekends and finally made it with my 770 and a Treo650 and the reward is very sweet . Please post back so that we can help you, good luck.

bun

I'm having a similar problem. I have paired my 770 to my Motorola RAZR2v9 successfully. And it has a data service with an unlimited data plan: I can browse the Internet freely from the phone.

The thing is, I honestly don't know what I'm supposed to do now in order to get Internet on the 770. What app do I run?

Does your phone or service lock out using the phone as a modem for an external device? I know on Sprint you can have an unlimited data plan and pair it with the Nokia pretty easily, but they lock it out from actually getting online...though on the Samsungs you can go into a system menu and change a setting to make it work.

did you simply pair the phone through bluetooth or did you use the phone wizard that sets it up with an internet connection too? use the "phone" option in control panel instead of the "bluetooth" option.

EDIT: as someone mentioned above, it may be that your sprint phone disables DUN. and for the one with the RAZR2 V9, since you are using a 770, im not sure if what i mentioned is the same process.

Last edited by obstacles can kill; 2008-05-02 at 05:13. Reason: to add more

Originally Posted by kazoobroker View Post
You might have a data service for your phone, but many phone network operators block people from using their phones as a modem unless they pay extra.

Call your network operator's support line, explain that you want to use your phone as a modem for a computer (which is what the tablet is technically), and ask them if it's included in your phone account plan. If it's not included, they may ask you to pay extra, and that will unlock the modem service as well as the data service.