Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
HTC's Advantage X7510 is 2 pcs, the top part being the screen then an add-on keyboard fits nicely over the screen when not in use as a cover. Much better of a setup then most any slide-out type keyboards currently in use on many portables.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I like the kb layout. It utilises the whole width of the device. However, the device needs a surface to work nicely with kb, which is not so nice.
Unpacking video:
http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/05/h...ll-baffles-us/

Shows that actual shipped kb is not raised unlike in the image above. What I love is the external connector with full usb and vga out. Anyway, interisting(ish) product.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I think the picture embedded in the thread above is of HTC Shift, which runs Windows Vista and some form of WM (sideshow or something). Much bigger compared to the 7510 too.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
sigh... yet another small device running vista... i really do not understand how they possibly think vista will work on small devices like this?

But I DO really like that keyboard design... It's really innovative, but it seems slightly impractical :P

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Last edited by josiahg777; 2008-05-06 at 05:44.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
That totally flat keyboard seems/looks like something that would drive you insane pretty quickly. And how are you expected to use that? Find a tiny table each time? I don't really see the point now with that particular design.

I too am not a fan of the "flat" style keyboard either, (I much prefer the raised keys, it's one reason why I got the DUO over the Tilt) let alone Vista.

I just really liked the ingenious way that HTC was using a external/built-in KB.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
I don't get the excitement; it's essentially an expensive way of emulating a clamshell without the hinge. If you want ingenious, look at any Psion's hinges. Now that's sexy...

If you want ingenious, look at any Psion's hinges. Now that's sexy...
I'll give you that