These are not full URLs - You should enter them in App manager as this:

Web Address:
http://repository.maemo.org/
Distribution:
gregale
Components:
free non-free

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Canada
Thanks for that, I did a fresh os2007he install and fallowed the directions to the letter. Worked for installing Canola, works great for the photos and music but video crashes every time. This is the only app I have installed as of now so I'm not sure what up with that. Might reinstall 2006os and use it as is. Thanks again for the help though.

Clinton

I'm having this same trouble on my n800 w/2008, i was having some other issues so I decided to reflash, but it still won't start, i ran the cleanup then reinstalled to no avail...
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/canola", line 19, in <module>
    import ecore.evas
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ecore/evas/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
ImportError: libeet.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
thats what i got starting the app with -vv

Im not sure what happened or what I may have done wrong, but any help would be great t.i.a.

bhang

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
That's new, i did an update today and mine stopped working too. Made a symlink from libeet.so.1 to libeet.so.0 and tadaa! working again.

I'm getting the same error as well, i even did a full reflash of the device and i still can not start Canola nor any of its support programs from canola tuning

Im running N800 with 2008OS

Just make a symlink - libeet0 update breaks it.

Can u explain that step by step please

I also am having the problem on the N800 and have no idea what the "easy" solution means. Any clarification would be great.

First, becomeroot.

Then:

Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/libeet.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libeet.so.0

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
hmm, must not have been my error, it seems to have added a new error...
I don't understand whats up with this app, I have a clean os, (just a few apps) I have uninstalled canola & all the plugins and skins, ran the cleanup app, reinstalled and still nada, the -vv flag now shows a bunch of errors...
this thread doesn't seem to get any feedback from the devs, Ill try the other canola bug thread, thanks for the suggestions.

bhang