Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
The way i see it - if you have WRT54G hardware revision above 4.0 (5.0-8.2), you can only place the micro DD-WRT version.

Also consider DD-WRT upgrade as a violation of your warranty.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Phoenix
I have wrt54g, running Chinook, no problem accessing tmobilepictures.com. Not sure what version firmware is on my router, I updated it about 4 mos ago. I'll check later if need be.

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
If GPRS connection works...
... for a mobile phone providers pages, you should not rule out DNS or page cache problems if access from the Internet at large fails - most providers use private network adresses for internal access of their own portal pages (often with modified content) to provide authentication by device ID/phone number and deliver personalized views. That willl cause cached DNS entries to direct you anywhere but there when on another network, and may break URL references inside cached pages.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I used to run DD-WRT on all my WRT54Gs, but I've 'updated' a majority of them to tomato firmware (http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato). Cleaner ajax interface, live bandwidth graph & logging and better QoS did it for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
try disabling powersaving on your wireless connection on the tablet, or setting it to intermediate. That solved the same problem for me on a Zyxel router

I'm running v4.71.1, Hyperwrt 2.1b1 + Thibor15c [May 12 2006] on my WRT54g with no problems.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I also heard that tomato is playing better with pppoe connections, while with DD-WRT i'm limited to about 20 mbits.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I have two WRT54Gs running Tomato and my N810 has no problems at all.

Not sure what's going on, guys. I've also been getting poor performance will my cell phone recently... specifically, I try to log into Gmail, and it just stops loading (the bar doesn't even go left and right) and I get a blank screen --- other times I get an interrupted connection message.

Again, another example of where I'm spending 10 minutes to do an otherwise 30 sec job.

Also, I have not upgraded my router firmware yet for a couple of reasons. 1) Worried that I might brick it (to the above caution) and 2) doesn't make sense for me to upgrade when everything else (laptop, USB wireless dongle, etc.) works with it just fine. I mean, what do I do if I'm out in coffee shop and I experience the same thing? --- I just can't ask the owner to upgrade their firmware.

Sounds like there's some work that may need to be done for the N800 --- either that or my device is defective.

H.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
i have a question for you ..have you done any tinkering in the about config page some setting tweaks might be helpful...they did for me i don't remember the thread title...cant hurt to try look for tuning the n810 alpha work...most of those have been helpful...or atleast not detrimental to my n800

Last edited by joepagiii; 2008-05-29 at 01:28.