Notices

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Finland
There is a new release of the software available. As I earlier said, there was a rename, and the new name is "eCoach". The program is available at https://garage.maemo.org/projects/ecoach/.

New features include track analyzis (drawing different graphs, getting maximum speed etc), several bug fixes and minor improvements (you can view the detailed changelog, the version 0.2 includes changes from 2008-05-17 until today, so there is a bit too much to list everything here )

I recommend that you also install the 0.2 version of the maptile-loader, as it does not connect to internet every time it gets a map tile, but checks the cache first. I needed to change some function parameters for this, so unfortunately it is not compatible with any other repositories made for the 0.1 version. Now that I think of it, I should have probably renamed also the maptile-loader, as it is sort of my fork of it...

Oh, and because of the new name, the old version does not get uninstalled automatically. I recommend to uninstall the old version and then installing the new one.

I hope that you like it!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fintux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fintux View Post
New features include track analyzis (drawing different graphs, getting maximum speed etc), several bug fixes and minor improvements [..]
Thank you so much, I always wanted to add such graphs and statistics to maemo-mapper by myself but never got started. I just tried it with already recorded tracks by maemo-mapper and it looks and works great!

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Norway
screens would be nice

OK, two screenshots:
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Nikem For This Useful Post:
Awesome software, keep up the good work!

looks great!

This is amazing, exactly what l was looking for. but better.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
This is an excellent looking piece of software. I just downloaded it so I haven't used it yet, but it looks very promising with a lot of great features.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Originally Posted by fintux View Post
I recommend that you also install the 0.2 version of the maptile-loader, as it does not connect to internet every time it gets a map tile, but checks the cache first.
I installed maptile-loader 0.2. Is there a way to specify areas of a map to be downloaded into a cache, or to a database. This morning I took my tablet outside to run the GPS and eCoach. The maps loaded on the Activity screen fine. I shut everything down and went back inside. When I left for work I activated eCoach again to test it out in the car, but the map remained blank. It also kept checking for an internet connection and popped up connections that were in range.

Do the map tiles need to be loaded from an internet connection each time eCoach is run? If so, is there a way to disable it checking for internet connections and run eCoach without a map? I also already have a Google maps .db file that is used by Maemo Mapper, is there any way to use this .db file instead of the default one?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Jose
I'd just like to add another 'this is way cool'. Its something I've been looking for and knew I could never program anything like it! I'll be using it myself too.

One question, it mentions the 'Alive heart rate monitor', but I can't seem to find links anywhere to buy it. Much less any sort of bluetooth heart rate monitor. Anyone have any suggestions?

Again, thanks for a very cool program further extending the usefullness of the N810!

Oh, I also wanted to add that I do actually run with mine. I don't have a bike mount for it yet, but I might try sticking it in my camel back while I'm riding. I don't find it to be all that heavy to run with, especially since its playing my music anyway! But then again, I'm a recreational runner only.

Last edited by ElGatoFlojo; 2008-10-29 at 01:01. Reason: addition

The Following User Says Thank You to ElGatoFlojo For This Useful Post: