Posts: 41 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Helsinki
yeah, it will be great, cos now my 16Gb sd crashes when I try to install.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
what do you mean, what crashes when you install what?

Can you also define crashes?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
PB,

I have read the thread pretty carefully, but perhaps I missed the details, so... what is the benefit of this cloning for a regular user of an n800. for example, I have a setup that works for me, and I am accessing data on my internal card for tools like MM. If I copy all those file to my external card (like to a backup directory), run your cloning tool and then copy back the previously backed up directory structure, will they work as they did before, or will I have to re-associate all those directories?

Furthermore, will this functionally give me more "working" memory for applications, or do I have to remove all the apps from my flash based image in order to free up memory? I really want to install more apps, but feel like I am running out of system memory to do it... it seems as those the cloning will make more of that memory free (on the card), but that is what I am not sure about. I would be cloning to a 4 gig card.

Hopefully these questions are not entirely self evident... it has been years since I played with this kind of thing. Any answer would be appreciated.

Regards,

Thor

I finally got mine boot into the internal SD with the external SD inserted. Just leave the system alone for about 5 min during boot up process and it worked. Is this normal to take this long to boot into the SD? Can someone share their average time to boot into the SD?

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
let me reboot....and time it for you...it may depend on your card type i use a sandisk 8 gig sdhc extreem 3.....tkes 1 minute 33 seconds for a reboot....cold start.....1 min 40 seconds

Last edited by joepagiii; 2008-05-28 at 17:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to joepagiii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Helsinki
penguinbait
I run install, then it fails. After that I can't access sd card, and tablet suggest to format it.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
i remeber reading to reboot the rerun the install

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joepagiii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by haoside View Post
is it possible use firesystem with EXT3
It is now!

Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Hi again

Have your thought to make this DEB to make your system boot from SD
drive so it has two bootable drives on an 8 meg card or similar.

Then we can have one for KDE and one for debian. This would be super cool
Now you can, not a deb but just as easy

Originally Posted by gemniii42 View Post
PB - Do you have a timeline on that change?
thanks
its done

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...776#post186776
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
You are just forum sexyness... well done. Ths is rather exciting... now where did I put my Debian download!?

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
Originally Posted by OSEmuTech View Post
I've done a search on this forum and see this problem has been mentioned before, but I couldn't find any solution.

I finally used this package to clone my OS 2008 to a 1GB SD card successfully. Everything works great, except I can't connect to my router anymore. I deleted the connection entry and retried, rebooted the N800, unplugged and plugged my router, shut off the encryption, but still get "Network connection error. Try again? (OK/Cancel)" whenever I try connecting.

Is there another post with the solution?
I just cloned OS 2008 to a 8GB card, installed OS 2007 on flash, setup the dual-booting using "clonegk" (steps 4,5,6,8), and was about to try out KDE on OS 2008, but once again this "Network connection error. Try again?" comes up.
Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

Tags
deprecated