Active Topics

Notices

Well here's a feature request:
Three checkboxes to toggle the speakers, headphones, and BT-HSP outputs, and maybe separate analog / BT volume sliders (when both of them are enabled). (Or just leave BT volume control up to the buttons on the headset, and keep one slider, which controls analog output except when only BT is in use...)

For the BT headset, I need to enable the BTM and BT controls in alsamixer.
For any analog output, I need EACPCM; for speakers I need Speaker Amplifier, and for the phone jack, I need Headset Amplifier.

Right now, I can make this work manually with gnome-alsamixer, and use it to control the analog outputs with PCM and DMA sliders, while I use either the BT headset buttons or the ad-bk-sb-applet to control the headset's volume.

I'm probably gonna script this up with amixer, for now, but it'd seem a nice addition to the applet. (In case anyone's wondering, I haven't built gnome-alsamixer, amixer, or anything interesting; just using Debian...)

What do you think: useful addition, or feeping creaturism?

Oh, and regarding:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
It's the FM Radio applet.
It is that, which, BTW, causes great havoc with BT headsets... If you use one, you're better off not installing FM radio. (I just feel this warning should always be tossed in when mentioning that particular applet.)

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
General: I think you have asked a couple of time if anyone knows how to make the popup sensitive to outside taps (ie. pop down when clicking elsewhere on the screen).

You have to use a HildonDesktopPopupWindow as the main container widget, then connect a signal for the popdown event to a function that hides or destroys the window. The signal looks like this:

Code:
g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (popup_window), 
		    "popdown-window",
		    G_CALLBACK (hd_applications_menu_popdown),
		    button);
Since this is probably pretty off topic, PM me if you want more information.

The Following User Says Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joepagiii View Post
combatdoc...i dont have that problem...what else do you have running...
The first time I was in MicroB (app Manager was still open) and figured something had hung up there. After the reboot it was fresh with only Load applet, Large Statusbar Clock, and the regular stuff running. I have HomeIP and GPE Summary on the desktop.

This morning I rebooted the tablet and the applet seems to be running fine currently.

It only seemed to "hang up" when the window itself was open. If the window is closed the applet runs fine just sitting in the statusbar.

Is there a way to run a debug or anything so if it happens again I can send you the output?
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

Last edited by combatdoc; 2008-06-09 at 18:06.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
combatdoc: Did you happen to have the second lever of the statusbar open (the part that show more icons if you have too many to show)?

There is a problem with opening that part of the statusbar that doesn't return focus to the desktop making it look like it has locked up. As far as I know it is a random occurrence, and there is no fix yet.

Yes I did at the time. Maybe that was it. However I hit the power button and it brought up the power menu but wouldn't respond to any clicks.

The reason I brought it up is that the applet was the only thing I added at the time to a working system. It hasn't recurred today yet, though.
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Antonio, TX
Originally Posted by fiferboy View Post
General: I think you have asked a couple of time if anyone knows how to make the popup sensitive to outside taps (ie. pop down when clicking elsewhere on the screen).

You have to use a HildonDesktopPopupWindow as the main container widget, then connect a signal for the popdown event to a function that hides or destroys the window. The signal looks like this:

Code:
g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (popup_window), 
		    "popdown-window",
		    G_CALLBACK (hd_applications_menu_popdown),
		    button);
Since this is probably pretty off topic, PM me if you want more information.
Unfortunately, that isn't how it works. The popdown-window event only happens WHEN the window is closing, which happens when my code tells it to hide the window, and my code doesn't know to hide the window unless it gets the right signal, which it doesn't in certain cases.

I could be wrong, but I tried this before and I just tried several variations on this again... If you think you can make it work, the code is in SVN or downloadable in the files section on the garage, and *please* submit a patch!

Originally Posted by combatdoc View Post
Yes I did at the time. Maybe that was it. However I hit the power button and it brought up the power menu but wouldn't respond to any clicks.

The reason I brought it up is that the applet was the only thing I added at the time to a working system. It hasn't recurred today yet, though.
I have actually seen this on my system, but only twice in probably more than three hundred tests, so I have no idea what causes it. The best help you could provide is to try to reproduce the issue and document exactly what the circumstances are when it happens. Nothing is irrelevant!

I have to admit I haven't read this post, but I love this applet. However, it would be nice if it played the tone like the standard volume slider, to let you know how loud you have it set to.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
I have to admit I haven't read this post, but I love this applet. However, it would be nice if it played the tone like the standard volume slider, to let you know how loud you have it set to.
Please see the first post.

Volume beep is already available in svn. New version should be released to Extras at some point soon.

Yes, 0.9b should be available in extras by Friday night, and includes the standard volume beep (fully configurable).
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Please see the first post.

Volume beep is already available in svn. New version should be released to Extras at some point soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to rm_you For This Useful Post: