Same here, crashes when connecting. Definitely needs more work, but it's a welcome effort. Will definitely see some use from me, as soon as it actually works of course.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Finland
Hi folks,

Sorry about the crashing problems. I was experiencing that too at first, but I fixed that problem, and I thought it was fixed in the one that I uploaded to my home pages (that's the one new bug that I was telling about on my home pages). It seems that I have at some point reverted the code (maybe when installing a new scratchbox to my laptop and restoring the code from a tar.gz).

I'll be back at this as soon as I get it fixed.

OK, now there is a new version that contains the fixed. There is still some regression from the 2005 version:

- the application doesn't show in task navigator (so it might be a good idea to not minimize the app)
- application icon is not shown correctly (default icon shown instead)
- book marks can't be removed anymore - though they can be edited (thanks for pointing this out)

Otherwise should work as in 2005 version.

Filebrowsing seems to work now, but I can't upload or download anything.

Fintux' work looks great and the new version makes the connection without a hitch.
However, I can't transfer any files either. The app doesn't do anything when I press the < or > arrows and the ftp server doesn't log anything about these events.

same here for me!

Okay, I discovered the reason for that problem. It was because of changed window handling between 2005 and 2006 releases, which caused the program to not show any dialogs. This caused the uploads/downloads to be impossible, as well as removing bookmarks, and probably much other stuff. Now I have fixed that as well, and I tried to download files, and it worked.. I couldn't test uploading, because I don't right at the moment have access to ftp server which I have write access to.

The new version is now available for download. I wish the major issues are now fixed.

Hey, it work now! Just did a couple of 100mb+ D/Ls using maemoftp and it performed really well. Active transfers are for me notably quicker than passive.
Fintux, thanks a lot for the work you put into this. Now I no longer have to plugin my 770 to anything except the power cable.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Texas
Still something funny on my 770 with MaemoFTP. I am now getting "Resolver errors", but it does not crash, so things are moving forward

...and a spot of chum for the sharks: I am trying to connect to a Mac.

Hmm. That's caused by a error connecting to the host (I think it's the name resolving). Can you access the server with the browser's FTP (type ftp://<your-server-here>)?

I'll be away from computer for some time now, so I'll be unfortunately unable to help any further than this at the moment.