Active Topics

I am wondering if anyone uses their tablet for kids to watch videos in the backseat? If so, have ypu attached to headrest? I have tons of kids videos on my tablet and am thinking it could work better than my portable dvd player in car

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by scottyb159 View Post
I have tons of kids videos on my tablet
That sort of talk can get a fellow in a heap of trouble in an eyeblink these days...

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
Thanks Karel :P way to be helpful here

And funny that this post came up, I just got back from a 11 hour (both way) car trip to Northern Oregon and I used my N810 to watch videos going both ways. I got really good battery life, enough to watch approximately 2 full length movies (dvd rips) before needing to recharge. The screen is beautiful and it works much better than a lot of DVD players because of the excellent viewing angle of the screen and high resolution (I can watch a movie with very little brightness or color distortion from about 80 degrees which is awesome if a couple people want to watch)

And I wasn't driving so I just sat in the backseat with my friends and we propped my tablet up on a pillow.

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I think that a portable dvd has fewer confusing possibilities and buttons than a tablet, so that an adult supervisor would be needed in many cases to use a tablet.
Also, I wonder if the screen might be hard to see in a car in some circumstances.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
That's the only thng that I dislike about my N800. On a sunny day my screen is pretty dim, great indoors even under bright lighting.

Karel,

Dont assume. All my files are totally legal. Downloaded from tv or paid for, but thanks for looking out for me.

Others, I am thinking of using a piece of velcro and attaching to an old dvd headrest adapter. I am not worried about the kids figuring them out, I can just put one of their shows on and let them watch. I just like that I can have lots of show options instead of a dvd

The Following User Says Thank You to scottyb159 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Karel,

Dont assume. All my files are totally legal. Downloaded from tv or paid for, but thanks for looking out for me.
I think he was referring to something like child pr0n videos... but I could be wrong...

KArel & Mara,

OH, That never occurred to me. Sorry, let me be clear, I have tv shows that my kids can watch (Dora, etc....) As any of you know that have kids, they change their minds on shows quickly so having 25 of them on my tablet is much easier than DVD's.

I am wondering if anyone uses their tablet for kids to watch videos in the backseat?
I do, but neglected to use the Lock Screen function. My 2-year-old managed to uninstall Evince.

I always make sure to lock screen for that very reason.