Active Topics

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
I read this article linked from slashdot, that may have some hints about a new nokia device that is not along its business lines (i.e. not an E series)...

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/206136/i...ays-nokia.html

quoting the article, "We have work ongoing in other [non-business] parts of the portfolio." could this be in reference to a new n-series device that will take on the iphone?

speculation starts in
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

N series phone with QWERTY. For those heavy texting and email users that don't know how to T9. Think E71 and replace the E with an N. Change the design, add a better camera and speakers and voila!!!

I can imagine a smaller N-series E90 type clamshell too. Shorter with a smaller keyboard that looks like an old style nokia candybar when closed. Hell, make it accept the old faceplates for retro fun!

There's not really that much speculation needed, actually. :-)

Nokia already said at the end of last summer they would bring out a touch-based S60 phone in 2008, they showed off the touch version of the S60 interface earlier this year, and there was a leaked slide of a "Nokia Tube" phone which appeared on the Symbian Freak site. There will probably be other kinds of touch phones apart from the "tube" model too.

It's definitely going to happen, it's just a question of when. I'd bet on them getting it out before Christmas.