Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/?p=downloadday
got this in an email no easy to find link helps not to be on the phone while looking. still unavailable

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Wow, none of us realized that.

FileHippo also has an updated link of the same version from the Mozilla FTP. I downloaded both of them and did a binary comparison. The Filehippo version matches the one from ftp://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozil...0/win32/en-US/

So yet another mirror:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/

I'll still download it from the GetFirefox site (Just for the Guinness Record thing)... once it comes up, but until then I'm going to go upgrade to Firefox 3.0 right now.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The site, at 11:40 PDT, is finally showing the right version of FF. When I click on the button, it lets me download from sunsite.rediris.es... That's in Spain. I'm on the west coast of Canada. What's that about?

All the mirrors in the US, Canada, and Russia are so busy they're slower than the transatlantic cable?

Mine is showing the right version, but haven't got a download yet. Keep getting "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable"...

I downloaded Firefox 3 at softpedia

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by joepagiii View Post
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/?p=downloadday
got this in an email no easy to find link helps not to be on the phone while looking. still unavailable
Well, that looked promising for a moment, as the download button on that page boldly proclaims, "Firefox 3". However, it also says "2.0.0.14" in smaller type, so it's not clear where that button is attempting to lead.

Thanks though, it's another place to keep trying.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Try again, I got the right version just now.

It's up, and has the right version now.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
The speed is not bad, the problem is getting it to start... I've been on nightlies like forever, so only download for me. I love the nightly updater - every day, new firefox - more 3 than the previous...

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
the button wasn't there honest....there now...