Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by thecubed View Post
Hey, my N800 regularly freaks out (I need to send it in...), but if you need to get it to turn on, here's what I've done:

Usually, I can leave the battery out for 30-40 minutes, but sometimes that doesn't fix it. If that doesn't work, try this -- get a plastic bag and put your N800 in it, then put that in the freezer (with the battery in) for about 5 minutes, then in the refrigerator for a minute or so.
When you take it out, while it's still cold, plug it into the charger... the screen should turn on within a minute or so and say "Charging".

If that doesn't work, I've sometimes had to repeat the above process with the battery out of the device when I put it in the freezer/refridgerator.

I'm not sure why this works, but it seems to fix it every time for me.
The last time that I had to do this was (ironically) right before upgrading to OS2008 which was supposed to fix this problem-- after you get yours working, I'd really recommend upgrading to the latest firmware, as it seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Hope this helps somehow
How in #33!! did you figure out that process?
PLEASE use the Wiki

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
well that trick works fo me. i was going to suggest it...ive done it a couple of time with other devices...and its worked ...also ive just put the battery in...not the whole unit...