Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by flareup View Post
only thing that doesn't seem to work is that microb-pageupdown deb that made the change to the browser to scroll with d-pad rather than it jumping down links on the page. Anyone else get any luck with that, or is there a newer version or something?
no clue, but the one i had stored on my external card worked like a charm. (i do that to all debs i grap outside of repos).

Originally Posted by siralien View Post
AGPS utilises the mobile phone transmitters to help triangulate your position.

I used to have a Motorola A830 phone with '3' and this was very useful prior to GPS becoming affordable with the built in maps application. It could help tell me the closest whatever-I-was-searching-for.

I cannot make this AGPS app on the N810 do anything though. I changed the settings to link to '3' but still nothing.
I think you have to manually disconnect WiFi connection and re-connect (manually) to your mobile phone before AGPS will function.

Seems like the AGPS WiFi connection does nothing for me (no matter how long I wait) or for you either.

Last edited by Alpha4; 2008-06-25 at 09:58.

Originally Posted by szucsati View Post
Erm.. this might be a silly and offtopic question but what is the default lock code for the device? Help says it's 12345 and as I remember it did work with os2008 but now it says incorrect code.
In case no-one has replied yet (can't see any) and in case you read this:
I think it should be the same as your old lock code - mine has stuck with me.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
no clue, but the one i had stored on my external card worked like a charm. (i do that to all debs i grap outside of repos).
yes, I do that too! the one i had is simply called microb-pageupdown-0.1.deb - yours the same?

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Originally Posted by flareup View Post
only thing that doesn't seem to work is that microb-pageupdown deb that made the change to the browser to scroll with d-pad rather than it jumping down links on the page. Anyone else get any luck with that, or is there a newer version or something?
I've got it working fine with this deb:

http://timeless.justdave.net/maemo/m...updown-0.1.deb

Although it seemed ify before I rebooted after.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lm2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
yep, same one.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
Greetings:

I've upgraded to the new firmware Diablo.

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough but can someone please tell me what has been improved over the older firmware?

For me the only thing I've noticed is that Diablo is faster in responding when flipping through different website pages.

Also Video seems to run much more smoothly.

Can anyone add any other improvements that I can't seem to notice.

Regards Robert

Why not leave well enough alone? Just hold down D-Pad to scroll, or tap it to go to a link. Best of both worlds. I must be missing something...

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Originally Posted by jjstewart View Post
Why not leave well enough alone? Just hold down D-Pad to scroll, or tap it to go to a link. Best of both worlds. I must be missing something...
Personally, before I changed it, I never used it to go to a link. Never. Just didn't find that convenient at all. And holding it down to scroll can get old real quick. It's slow and ended up being rough on my thumb, like when I was playing nintendo for hours a day!

One tap to jump down an entire screen's worth hits the sweet spot----for me. Those last two words really are the key.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ England

i have just wasted 1 hour flashing to Diablo then reflashing back to the older version as pidgin and other apps i used all the time just will not install. i will give it a month before they all get fixed and then i will reflash it.