Notices

Has anyone successfully installed the Maemo USB Control application in Diablo? I have tried and get an "incompatible application package" error - even in red pill mode. I just got my FtoF USB adapter last week to connect a keyboard and only got to enjoy it for a few days before Diablo was released.

Mine works just fine, after restoring it automatically got the package and reinstalled it for me.

I have same problem hope someone help !!!

OK, I finally reinstalled python2.5-Runtime and now it seems OK.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Tokyo, Japan
I installed USBControl on my Diablo N810. It installed with no problems and runs perfectly. I didn't have to reinstall the python2.5-Runtime either. The only thing is I'm wondering what the "OTG" button in USBControl is for. (I know that "Host" is for connecting slave devices to the N810 and that "Peripheral" is for connecting the N810 to a computer.)

Anyone here can guide me to install USB Control on Diablo?

I already tried several ways. and none success..

Install directly from maemo.org failed!
Install python 2.5 runtime failed!
Install eko1.install for becomeroot failed!
Install USBHost failed!

So how I suppose to do? I need either USB Control or USB Host works on my N810. I installed Diablo since the first time N810 on my hand.. I have no backup before.

Many Thanks!

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Tokyo, Japan
Hello Bard, I had no problem at all on my N810 which is running the latest OS and updates. Maybe it's time for a complete re-flash/reinstall of the OS. AND install all of your apps by hand. Don't use the automatic application re-installer that appears when you install the latest OS. It screwed up my N810 and I had to start over. I installed each app that I use individually, and my little friend is running like a dream.

The Following User Says Thank You to TokyoDan For This Useful Post:
I manage to make USB Control works on my N810.

I just realized that USB Control already installed on my N810 when I use App manager to install many installable app, the only problem USB control not active because I miss 1 important file, it is USB OTG plugin. I found it yesterday at garage maemo, once I install it, USB Control works very good

Last edited by Bard; 2008-07-08 at 07:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
I did just what Bard did, and got it working on my n800 under diablo.

Thanks, Bard.

Joe

I did just what Bard did but it does not work !

Application Manager fails saying "Incompatible applications" without any details !

I have tried to desintall USB OTG plugin but the result is the same !

I have the same problem when trying to install GPE Sudoku ??

No problem with all the other installations !