Active Topics

Notices

It doesn't work on my 770 with OS2006 and OS2007HE, it installed successfully, icon shows, but no response and will not start, no error message, just looks like nothing happen. Back to 0.4 again

SO this app lets you basically call anyone and Grandcentral pays the bill?

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Racky, I'm one of the new developers (but sure don't feel like I'm developing much, whenever I'm about to start something I find out brontide is almost done with it).

I also am a 770 owner and plan to look into 770 support soon. So far I've just been doing all of my testing on the desktop.

Originally Posted by epage View Post
Racky, I'm one of the new developers (but sure don't feel like I'm developing much, whenever I'm about to start something I find out brontide is almost done with it).

I also am a 770 owner and plan to look into 770 support soon. So far I've just been doing all of my testing on the desktop.
Ok, So....Does this 0.6 work on your 770?

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Release 0.6 "Daddy Brain"
Bravo! Thank you for doing this and posting it here for us before it moves to extras (a good move). It works like a charm! The UI is much improved but still nice and simple. IMHO it does not take a long time to load... Thanks again!

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by iball View Post
SO this app lets you basically call anyone and Grandcentral pays the bill?
It looks that way to me! Am I missing something?

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Idaho Falls, ID
Seriously, this little app is so awesome. Thank you so much, brontide.

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by Greyghost View Post
It looks that way to me! Am I missing something?
It's expected that if they ever get off their buts and make the service production level they will probably charge for calls out.

-Eric

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
770 support: I'm hoping that epage will be able to take the lead on 770 support and I already have my suspicions on why this version didn't work. It may be a trivial fix, but worst case scenario we will have to branch the UI code to support the 770.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
It's expected that if they ever get off their buts and make the service production level they will probably charge for calls out.

-Eric
Although, it's also worth noting that grandcentral is now owned by google, and google is known for long betas. Just look at gmail. It's been in beta for four or five years!