Notices

BTW, the podcasts not appearing (except for one stored and now the latest download) are the iot podcasts which it says it is generating a treemodel for. There are now 7 episodes in the folder.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Hmm, I don't see much from the verbose log output. If you want, you can send me the following information/files, which I need to see why the local files are not added:

* the output of ls -laR /media/mmc2/gpodder/
* all "index.xml" files in /media/mmc2/gpodder/downloads/*/
* the file /media/mmc2/gpodder/channels.opml

Thanks!
Thomas

Hi Guys,

Just updated my N800 to Diablo and I was able to install gpodder but the program does not actually run. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Lafayette, LA
me too

~ $ gpodder --verbose
[ 1.855] Using ISO-8859-15 as encoding. If this
[ 1.856] is incorrect, please set your $LANG variable.
[ 2.051] (gPodderLib) Creating gPodderLib()
[ 2.218] (HistoryStore) Creating new history list.
[ 2.219] (HistoryStore) Creating new history list.
[ 2.221] (HistoryStore) Creating new history list.
[ 2.288] (ConverterCollection) Could not find "oggdec", ".ogg" files cannot be converted.
[ 2.294] (tagupdate) eyed3 not found -- tag update disabled
[ 2.297] (gpodder.sync) Could not find gpod
[ 2.359] (gpodder.sync) Could not find pymad
[ 2.362] (gpodder.sync) Could not find eyeD3
[ 2.516] Patching feedparser module... (mapContentType bugfix)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/gpodder", line 166, in <module>
sys.exit( main())
File "/usr/bin/gpodder", line 140, in main
from gpodder import gui
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gui.py", line 44, in <module>
from gpodder import SimpleGladeApp
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/SimpleGladeApp.py", line 34, in <module>
import gtk.glade
ImportError: No module named glade

It looks like in Diablo Glade was being depreciated in favor of Gtk.Builder.
Monday is really going to suck without Gpodder to grab my podcasts get me through the day!!!
This is the thread I found about glade gone missing.
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...d.php?p=197414

Last edited by adammelancon; 2008-06-30 at 00:17.

I'm using the chinook extras repository entries for all of my extras repositories (chinook free+non-free in extras + extras-devel). gPodder works fine here on Diablo. python2.5-gtk2 version is 2.12.1-1osso3 and "dpkg -L python2.5-gtk2" gives /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/glade.so

Your "dpkg -L python2.5-gtk2" should also print out the glade.so module. Else please try downoading and installing python2.5-gtk2 version 2.12.1-1osso3 from http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...sso3_armel.deb

And: Yep, the package http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...sso3_armel.deb from the diablo repository doesn't build the glade.so module. So even if your version is 2.12.1-1osso3, you have to download the python2.5-gtk2 package from the chinook repository and install it on your tablet.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to install gpodder on OS2007? I tried the install link on http://maemo.gpodder.org/ but that gave a version incompatibility error.
With limited knowledge of the OS, I tried to change the web link to bora (http://repository.maemo.org/extras/d...podder.install) but that doesn't exist.
If the new version can't be installed on '07, is there a previous version that can? I searched the Maemo site but couldn't find gpodder for '07.
thanks.

Originally Posted by thp View Post
I'm using the chinook extras repository entries for all of my extras repositories (chinook free+non-free in extras + extras-devel). gPodder works fine here on Diablo. python2.5-gtk2 version is 2.12.1-1osso3 and "dpkg -L python2.5-gtk2" gives /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/glade.so

Your "dpkg -L python2.5-gtk2" should also print out the glade.so module. Else please try downoading and installing python2.5-gtk2 version 2.12.1-1osso3 from http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...sso3_armel.deb

And: Yep, the package http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...sso3_armel.deb from the diablo repository doesn't build the glade.so module. So even if your version is 2.12.1-1osso3, you have to download the python2.5-gtk2 package from the chinook repository and install it on your tablet.
Under Chinook, gPodder fails to launch (though the non-hildonized version seems to work ok).

Code:
~ $ gpodder --verbose --maemo
[   1.795] Using ISO-8859-15 as encoding. If this
[   1.796] is incorrect, please set your $LANG variable.
[   2.350] (gPodderLib) Creating gPodderLib()
[   2.608] (Storage) Setting up SQLite database
[   2.610] SQLite connection for thread 1073748864 opened.
[   2.715] (ConverterCollection) Could not find "oggdec", ".ogg" files
cannot be con verted.
[   2.721] (tagupdate) eyed3 not found -- tag update disabled
[   2.725] (gpodder.sync) Could not find gpod
[   2.812] (gpodder.sync) Could not find pymad
[   2.815] (gpodder.sync) Could not find eyeD3
[   2.922] Patching feedparser module... (mapContentType bugfix)
[   3.841] Cannot find pynotify. Please install the python-notify package.
[   3.841] Notification bubbles have been disabled.
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/SimpleGladeApp.py:337: GtkWarning:
Mixing d eprecated and non-deprecated GtkToolbar API is not allowed
  return gtk.glade.XML(self.glade_path, root, domain)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/gpodder", line 166, in <module>
    sys.exit( main())
  File "/usr/bin/gpodder", line 162, in main
    gui.main()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gui.py", line 3378, in main
    gPodder().run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gui.py", line 128, in
__init__
    SimpleGladeApp.SimpleGladeApp.__init__( self, path, root, domain,
**kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/SimpleGladeApp.py", line
110, in __ init__
    self.new()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/gui.py", line 313, in new
    gtk.set_application_name('gPodder')
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'set_application_name'
~ $
I am running with Python2.5-gtk2 2.12.0-1osso5, I tried installing the aforementioned version python2.5-gtk2_2.12.1-1osso3 but the applications manager tells me "update available but not installable"... Pyinotify is also installed yet the console claims it can't find it.

-- Denis

Edit: Got rid of all my Python installations and installed them anew from scratch... now gPodder happily starts!

Last edited by delaroca; 2008-07-23 at 10:22. Reason: Found solution to poblem!

[QUOTE=vjones777;206078]Is it possible to install gpodder on OS2007?/QUOTE]

I don't have OS2007 anymore (using Diablo on my N800), and I also don't have an SDK for it anymore, as people seem to have upgraded to at least Chinook already.

Basically, if OS2007 has Python 2.5 and some related modules (feedparser, ...), it should work without problems.

According to http://pymaemo.garage.maemo.org/installation.html it should work. Maybe you can install the OS2008 package onto your tablet when you enable the red pill mode? What's the exact dependency error message you get?

HELP

I just downloaded and installed gpodder 0.12.0, and it works GREAT for voice only podcaste, but then I try and run a video podcast (Rocketboom) it download the file and then tries to play it with MPlayer, then give the following error message: "Media Codec Not Supported" Is there a setting in either gpodder or MPlay that need to be set? Is this a bug of some kind? How do I fix this?

How do I use this with a torrent podcast?, in the advanced options the only thing I see is the use gnome bittorrent option but its not ported to maemo. Is there anyway to use gpodder with transmission or something like that. That way it would be something like Miro.

Tags
media, podcasts