Active Topics

I have a iGO bluetooth keyboard. Here in Brazil we use the U.S international alternative layout of keyboard to enter accents like that "á , é ç à" as usual in our language. My N800 has been configured to Portuguese language in the Control Panel, thus I do have "Stylus OS2008" Brazilian portuguese keyboard. But I can't configure the bluetooth keyboard to behavior like the "Stylus" one.

Any idea?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
did you check the bluetooth keyboard settings in the control panel?

Yes. There is no options for anothers languages.

Originally Posted by winteum View Post
I have a iGO bluetooth keyboard. Here in Brazil we use the U.S international alternative layout of keyboard to enter accents like that "á , é ç à" as usual in our language...
I have the same problem. Just received my Think Outside Igo Stowaway (XTBT01). After reading posts and posts, trying to learn writing my own xmodmap and etc, I still cannot see how to work it out.

The solution would be simple: add dead keys to the following characters: " ´ ", " ` ", " ^ ", and " ~ "; or: á, à, â and ã.

The problem is also that I don't get to make a .xmodmap that don't return errors. A complete and not too modified .xmodmap file to this model of bluetooth keyboard would help a lot too.

Anyone could help to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

SMC

Originally Posted by salomc View Post
I have the same problem. Just received my Think Outside Igo Stowaway (XTBT01). After reading posts and posts, trying to learn writing my own xmodmap and etc, I still cannot see how to work it out.

The solution would be simple: add dead keys to the following characters: " ´ ", " ` ", " ^ ", and " ~ "; or: á, à, â and ã.

The problem is also that I don't get to make a .xmodmap that don't return errors. A complete and not too modified .xmodmap file to this model of bluetooth keyboard would help a lot too.

Anyone could help to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

SMC

I did it [1] for SU-8W. Dead_keys for this chars, and it's working like a charm for a portuguese/spanish/english writer. =)

Try it.

cheers!

http://labs.danilocesar.com/blog/200...cents-on-n800/

The Following User Says Thank You to daniloeu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by winteum View Post
I have a iGO bluetooth keyboard. Here in Brazil we use the U.S international alternative layout of keyboard to enter accents like that "á , é ç à" as usual in our language. My N800 has been configured to Portuguese language in the Control Panel, thus I do have "Stylus OS2008" Brazilian portuguese keyboard. But I can't configure the bluetooth keyboard to behavior like the "Stylus" one.

Any idea?
Yes, I've done an International Xmodmap suitable for writing in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German and of course English. Go to my web page

http://home.mminternet.com/~delaroca

and look for the 'xmodmap' utility, plus the companion 'xmodmaprc' (iGoKbd) keyboard mapping.

Then every time you start your N800, do from within an xterm

Code:
./xmodmap xmodmaprc
to activate the mapping. It can be used for Easy Debian as well.

Please report any problems and / or improvements!

Edit: the actual URL for the iGo Xmodmap international mapping is,

http://home.mminternet.com/~delaroca/bin/xmodmaprc

--denis

Last edited by delaroca; 2008-08-15 at 21:02.