Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by rdcinhou View Post
I had numerous problems with microb browser locking up after Diablo conversion until I configured my N800 to NOT use Virtual Memory on my 8 GB SDHC Class 6 card.

It was quite repeatable, so I think that there must be a bug in the external memory routines.
No, the "bug" is that your internal card is corrupted. Reformat or fsck it.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hmm, anyone else having issues with using the "back/esc" key on a N800 for going back in microb? it seems to need two press before it reacts, and going back more then one page often leads to it closing down the whole browser window...

using the toolbar buttons seems to work fine...

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by rdcinhou View Post
I had numerous problems with microb browser locking up after Diablo conversion until I configured my N800 to NOT use Virtual Memory on my 8 GB SDHC Class 6 card.

It was quite repeatable, so I think that there must be a bug in the external memory routines.
Perhaps there is some corruption on your card? My and others experience have been quite the opposite? Have you tried this on a different card?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
The reformatting of the internatl and external cards seemed to do the trick--no more microb (browser) crashes.

I was surprised that this was necessary as I had formatted them just before the Diablo reflash so that they would be empty. Diablo must manage the memory a little differently.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
hmm, anyone else having issues with using the "back/esc" key on a N800 for going back in microb? it seems to need two press before it reacts, and going back more then one page often leads to it closing down the whole browser window...

using the toolbar buttons seems to work fine...
Yep, I have seen the same issues. Then there is also the key bounce problem which was introduced in Chinook and never repaired.

I'm also seeing the issue of often needing to press the back button twice.

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Central Illinois
Count me as also seeing the issue where pressing the back/escape hardware button causes the browser to quit/crash.