Notices

Been pleased with Quiver, but it's missing (or I simply can't find it) the function to Auto-rotate images.

In my mind, that's a very important function, especially for a device such as NIT. I couldn't believe such a program didn't have it when much simpler apps could do it on the fly...

I really hope I somehow missed it... So, can it auto-rotate or no?

P.S.
And no, pressing L or R on keyboard doesn't really make up for lack of auto-rotate...

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Victoria, BC, Canada
quiver will auto-rotate images that contain an exif orientation tag.

i don't believe this is what you're talking about though so maybe you could explain what your definition of auto-rotate is.

mike

Hm, well, I guess I meant more something like "Fit in the screen".
What I meant is that I am looking for option that will rotate the image so it will fit most of the picture on the screen, regardless of EXIF tags.

Since it's a handheld, I guess it'd make sense to have it as an option, at least somewhere in the settings.

The program that came with the device already does it (try viewing 800 x 480 image in Fullscreen mode) and it's the only reason I still use it instead of Quiver.

I agree this would be nice (since built in image viewer detects 'tall' images and rotates automatically. The detection should be easy... if height > width then rotate.

Obscura did this via a patch, so if it means that much you might want to use obscura instead of nokia image viewer.

You'll have to download (install) obscura, then download the patched Image.py from here :
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scm.../?root=obscura

and overwrite the existing image.py in your obscura install (i forget the directory). This will need root access.

Still would be nice for quiver to add this. Perhaps file a feature request in the garage page for it?

yes, this option is actually in my to-do list . i haven't worked on quiver in a while though (to much other fun stuff to do in the summer) ..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikemorrison For This Useful Post:
There could be two options:
1) Auto-rotate (if height > width) : on/off
2) Auto-rotation direction : cw/ccw

Originally Posted by mikemorrison View Post
yes, this option is actually in my to-do list . i haven't worked on quiver in a while though (to much other fun stuff to do in the summer) ..
Summer is gone...

Originally Posted by Gomez View Post
Summer is gone...
... and quiver 0.2.0 has been out for a while now (with this feature)

The Following User Says Thank You to mikemorrison For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mike, did you notice that you rotate "the other way" from the built-in app? You rotate 90 degrees clockwise, the built-in app rotates 90 ccw.

Also, the zoom button seems really hit-and-miss. It will work for a while, but if I go to the menu or go to another app or something (still haven't figured out a specific, reproducable set of actions), the + key stops working and I can only zoom by going out of fullscreen and using the zoom button on the toolbar.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Mike, did you notice that you rotate "the other way" from the built-in app? You rotate 90 degrees clockwise, the built-in app rotates 90 ccw.

Also, the zoom button seems really hit-and-miss. It will work for a while, but if I go to the menu or go to another app or something (still haven't figured out a specific, reproducable set of actions), the + key stops working and I can only zoom by going out of fullscreen and using the zoom button on the toolbar.
i like to rotate images in such a way that the buttons end up at the bottom of the screen. i didn't look to see how the built in program does it but i don't know why they would rotate so that the buttons are at the top (hands get in the way of the screen, harder to reach the controls etc..). perhaps i'll make it an option just for you .

i've never had a problem with my zoom keys nor heard of anyone else having problems. perhaps you've installed another app that does some funny business. what happens when you press the escape button when you're zoomed in?