Active Topics

I shall start another thread with an exact summary of the problems I have been having.

Thks everybody for help so far.

No need... I finally made it!

After all that it was something simple. When I used the phone Wizard it set up my connection with "Internet" as the APN. I just changed that to pp.vodafone.co.uk (after a chance remark by a Vodafone customer service chap) and it now works!

Oh the joy...

How the bloomin eck would the average person know such things...

Thanks all for trying to help

i use a 4 year old nokia 3650 with my n800 and tmobile service. it works fine.
these also supported my previous palm t3 with no issues.

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
goldspoon - I had a similiar problem here in Denmark.

The automatic setup in N800 set the "access point name" to WAP. This enables web access (port 80), but I couldn't connect to Google imap (port 993).

When I changed the access point name to internet - everything went through....

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
My Nokia 9300 works very well with my N800. Under Diablo the automated set-up for AT&T worked first time!

motorola mpx220, but who wants to pay that much for gprs?

I use a Treo 700p on Verizon with USBModem installed on the Treo. I have a the "unlimited" (5gig/mo) data plan, but no "tether" plan. My N800 has connected flawlessly on OS2007, chinook and diablo. I also use Gizmo on both devices (via WiFi on the N800).

My main use of this arrangement is using Maemo Mapper with my Earthmate BT-20 GPS. I also used this setup the other day to report that my electrical power was out (the Georgia Power outage report page won't work on the Treo's Blazer browser... some stupid, buggy JavaScript!)

Last edited by Samatva; 2008-07-13 at 04:41.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My new Treo 755p also works great; I'm on Sprint's employee recommendation plan, but unfortunately the $30 a month SERO plan is said to be dead.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1398508

But it's not dead for those of us who signed up.

Anyone ever get a Blackberry 8830 on Verizon working? I gave up a while back and got rid of tethering. I want to try again but only if something has changed

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ United States
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
My new Treo 755p also works great; I'm on Sprint's employee recommendation plan, but unfortunately the $30 a month SERO plan is said to be dead.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1398508

But it's not dead for those of us who signed up.
How were you able to get your 755p working? I haven't been able to get mine to cooperate with my n800 since upgrading to Diablo.

I'd been using the Shadowmite BT DUN hack since almost the beginning, but I also have USBModem and neither seems to work. In either case, I get the connection, but then my n800 immediately reports "Internet Connection Failed." Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

-------------------------------------