Active Topics

Notices

Just a heads up that logmein.com has their plugin for N8X0 up and it works like a charm. I am logged into my Mac and I also logged into my PC with no problem.

you can download it here:
https://secure.logmein.com/labs.asp

Need to access the site from the N8X0 device to do it.

Enjoy!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TabulaRasa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
I am typing this from my N810 connected to my windows tablet via logmein and everything works extremely well. The fonts are quite hard to read at default resolution but you can easily switch to 800 by 600 which fits the tablet quite well. This is a good way to connect for those who don't want to mess with router settings and the like.

This is a killer app for me. I can basically leave my laptop home (and turned on) for some of my trips.

Am I the only one who keeps reading the domain name logmein.com as log-mein? And I'm not even German... (Maybe if I was, log mein would be such nonsense I couldn't think of it... Google translate has log -> sign?)

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Chandler, AZ, USA
perhaps. i've always read it as log me in

Can someone please give me an idea on what can be done with this application and what potential it could have for the n810 down the road?

I'm reading from the webpage, just not understanding

Usually if you don't know what it is, you don't need it It's a rule that saved me a lot of money

It's a service that allows you to access your computers remotely, over the internet using other computers and now your tablet. Kind of a VNC but ones that takes care of all the network settings for you.

Originally Posted by icebox View Post
Usually if you don't know what it is, you don't need it It's a rule that saved me a lot of money
Very good point.....I think I'll go find another thread on the forum that won't have any remote chance of ruining me financially

Thanks for the translation!!

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2007 @ NY Metro Area, US
So does LogMeIn work with Linux host or only Windows on a PC? The website states PC and Mac which doesn't really tell me much. Thanks.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ England
very good app
just the screen size is so small its useless for control
its good to see if something has finished doing i.e. tablet video converter