Originally Posted by Svenhook View Post
$15 is more than reasonable for me. You're happy with Verizon's network? How many mb is that for the $15?
It's good enough to watch my Slingbox on my laptop (~500kbps down / 100 kbps up). It makes me wish there was a Slingplayer for N8xx. The $15/mo. V Cast plan is the same "fake unlimited" as everyone's 3G plans. There's a limit at 5GB, but I've heard that they will just throttle you after that. I haven't had any problems with the limit, and it's the same 5GB limit you'd get with AT&T and Sprint. At least it's not 200MB like some Australian carriers.

Also, I heard that Bluetooth limits the connection to 640 kbps, which means if you get an EVDO Rev.A phone (like the LG Dare or Samsung Instinct; VZW/Sprint), you won't get the ~2Mbps download speed. Maybe it's just a BT 2.0 limitation or something along those lines...

edit: oh, and I'm happy with Verizon. Though, the 3G iPhone is tempting for "only" $15 more per month for data. Better than the Dare/Instinct as well...

Last edited by FierceDeityLink1; 2008-07-14 at 02:45.

I just went and talked to my local Verizon retailer and im pretty much assuming they were *****s, but my contract is up soon and as of like a month ago I can resign and get a new phone and everything. So here is the biggest question of all because i've pretty much decided on getting an N800:

What phone should I get, and how do I get the V Cast Plan for just $15?

Thanks!