Active Topics

I recieved my N810 on January 31st. Since then, nothing has gone wrong with it. It runs smoothly, and efficiently, and the battery always charges.

Now, about a month later, the thing won't charge! I plug the charger into the N810, the little nokia screen pops up, and then it just goes of, with a faint shadow of the word "Nokia"(or until I get sick of it and pull out the battery). It won't turn on with or without the charger plugged in. I don't know what might be happening, since it work perfectly before.

Little Help? Thanks.

Last edited by Kamazar; 2008-02-09 at 14:46.

Bit of an old post, but iv just had the same problem. It seems to be caused by a faulty charger providing enough power to be detected and begin booting up, but not enough to get into the charge boot process to turn the screen off and slowly charge.

im having that same problem, what should i do

try another charger, someone you know much have the new style nokia charger if youv not got another to try. If that doesnt help then it may be a faulty battery, which i dont think is testable without buying another unfortunately.

Just poking around, seems I have the same issue. What are the symptoms of a faulty battery?

if its too flat to turn onto the charging screen even was what i got.

Oh, don't worry about me now. I feel embarassed: my charger wasn't well plugged into my powerbar... odd that it happened at the same time as my mysterious battery drain. XD; It charges correctly now.

I have had this problem myself, and seen others report it too. I noticed a small pin on the back panel (the one that comes completely off the device). I think you just need to bend it out a little (I just used my finger) so it makes good contact with the back of the device. I'll bet the device is made not to turn on if the back panel is not on.

-Andy

same problem here
I constantly find my N810 discharge during the night. this morning it was dead. i switched it on and instantly put the car charger in. it booted fine, hildon desktop came up, but after 2 minutes it suddenly died. reconnecting the charger brings nokia logo, then dies after 10 seconds. holding the power button and conecting the charger also brings up the blue corner light, but same thing - dies in 5-10 seconds. tried in-house charger - same thing.
I cannot believe its the battery (but hope it is battery not some internal problem).
now i have to wait for some ebay battery order since nokia doesnt sell N810 in our country

I had same kind of problems with my N810. It was about 2 months old and I had flashed it to the latest OS when I bought it. Well, one day I had a full battery and I rebooted the device, but it didn't boot up. I saw the Nokia logo for about 15 seconds and then it died. If I connected the charger the Nokia logo was there for about 30 seconds or so and then the device rebooted. I even tried to freeze the device but It didn't help.

I couldn't even flash the device anymore so I had to send the device to back to Nokia. After 2 weeks I got a brand new N810 for me.. They didn't tell what was the problem in the original device, but propably not a software/battery problem because they switched the device.