Notices

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
I've lost steam on the dialer project at this point. I'll try and motivate myself to kick the svn again and see if we can get it prepared for a garage -> devel -> extras release. At this point I see no reason that it can't be in extras for others to install.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Work has slowed down with other developers, but has not stopped. I don't remember when we released the last version, so its hard to nail down what features are new, but here is my best guess of whats new in the trunk:
* Low memory handling
* Connection handling
* Grand Central contact support (Not merged yet, Maemo contacts are still in the pipeline, having a working SDK would make it go faster but still having problems with that)
* Fullscreen (untested)
* Menu bar on desktop (tested), Hildon Menu on device (untested) with limited clipboard support (tested)
* Bug fixes
* Code cleanup

All this while still trying to maintain a low memory/processor footprint especially by trying to keep our HTTP roundtrips down.

any news on the next version? contact information integration would be awesomeness mctastey.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
GC Contact support is merged into trunk. There is look at Maemo contacts, but I am currently hindered on a lot of maemo testing and development due laziness in getting the SDK working or making my 770 a good dev/test/packaging tool.

You can checkout the trunk, run "make PACKAGE=os2007" and copy the files over to your device.

First of all, I'd like to say that this is the most useful app I have installed since buying my N800, because it actually works, But I think I set something up incorrectly, because when I dial a phone number from the dial pad, it calls my cellphone, when I pick up the call on my cellphone, it transfers the call to the number I'm calling. Is this the way its suppose to work? and what if I didn't have the cellphone number in Grandcental? what would happen then? Not complaining, just trying to understand.
Thanks for all your hard work

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by tj110158 View Post
First of all, I'd like to say that this is the most useful app I have installed since buying my N800, because it actually works, But I think I set something up incorrectly, because when I dial a phone number from the dial pad, it calls my cellphone, when I pick up the call on my cellphone, it transfers the call to the number I'm calling. Is this the way its suppose to work? and what if I didn't have the cellphone number in Grandcental? what would happen then? Not complaining, just trying to understand.
Thanks for all your hard work
That's the way it works ( in theory ). If you want the Nokia to "ring" you need to setup a Gizmo account and make sure it's setup as a SIP account on the Nokia.

Once that is setup you should go into the "Account" tab and make sure your 1 (747) number is the callback number. You can actually make the callback number *ANY* number ( home phone, cell phone, work phone, ... ).

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Edmonton, AB, Canada
Hi!

For some feedback, I've just installed version 0.7-2 in my 770 with OS2008HE, and it works! (No problems with tabs or anything).

Thanks for a great app!!

yeah its a great app, but i have to memorize all of the numbers i want to call. And the call back number i select doesn't show up on the caller ID when i call some one, i gives my GC number.

Originally Posted by bobloadmire View Post
yeah its a great app, but i have to memorize all of the numbers i want to call. And the call back number i select doesn't show up on the caller ID when i call some one, i gives my GC number.
epage is working on integration with the Nokia contact database. You can also tap on any line in the "recent" tab and it will just back to the keypad with the number filled in.

Unfortunately I don't know if there is an option to change the caller id.

Any update for the 0.7 version to work on the 770 with OS2007HE and OS2006?