Active Topics

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thank you ghassane. I just bought a #*&$#&$ N810.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
Thank you ghassane. I just bought a #*&$#&$ N810.
You wont be disappointed.

/me looks forward to Hedgecore's renewed presence.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Oh you just wait General, you thought I was sarcastic back then.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hedgecore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Colombia
its up to 339...
if i had just ordered this morning

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gainesville, FL
Ok...So TigerDirect and it's devious doppelganger compusa, both say THIS ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE of the n810, though still at $299 of course, just to tease you ( and I!!) as it were. Does this mean that the stock has been depleated and is not being replace!?!? That the arrive of an another device is near!?!? Oh happy day!!

The Following User Says Thank You to iamNarada For This Useful Post:
Well, it does mean the stock is depleted; the available facts are stubbornly silent on whether it will be replaced or when the N810W will arrive. It seems unlikely that the N810W displaces the N810 completely, but I suppose it's possible.

(This is Nokia, not Apple, so I don't think we need to worry about clearing stock to make way for any devices that aren't even announced yet; Nokia seems to announce first, and ship later... But in the end, you never know, so feel free to get excited.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Well, it does mean the stock is depleted; the available facts are stubbornly silent on whether it will be replaced or when the N810W will arrive. It seems unlikely that the N810W displaces the N810 completely, but I suppose it's possible.
Though the N800 may have been displaced by the N810, there's no way the N810 will be displaced by the N810W.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Well, there's no way, but it's possible. Guess I forgot my uber-skeptical [i] tags there.

"Possible" here is meant in the sense of million-monkey million-typewriter shenanigans. Like, if a million monkeys showed up at Nokia HQ and started banging out notes on their million typewriters indicating that any continued N810 (non-W) production would result in a million Nokia exec heads bashed in with typewriters, it could happen. That's possible, after all.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Well, there's no way, but it's possible. Guess I forgot my uber-skeptical [i] tags there.

"Possible" here is meant in the sense of million-monkey million-typewriter shenanigans. Like, if a million monkeys showed up at Nokia HQ and started banging out notes on their million typewriters indicating that any continued N810 (non-W) production would result in a million Nokia exec heads bashed in with typewriters, it could happen. That's possible, after all.
Don't be silly. Monkeys with typewriters? Please. Surely they'd have BT keyboards.

I received my new N810 after only two days of shipping from TigerDirect, the first charge is done and tonight I will update the OS.