Notices

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
No this is not true. For example, I can get the iPod 5th gen to store both 'optimised' and originals. The same is true for the newer iDevices too. All you need to do is check the "upload full resolution images" checkbox.
Hi again : you will never use full 5mpixel photos on the iphone. As you said, it would be pointless to "see" but for most of users, they just want to plug the SD straight from their cameras to the device. This would never be really smoothly fast on the iphone. So it's not lie as you said...
But, how do I fit my DVD in to my iPod without transcoding? Seriously..? I just use Handbrake, it created iPod files (optimised for TV) and also puts in the chaper markers. Chapter markers are a BIG deal... any player without chaper markers is a step down ;-) (and this, again, is a 5th gen iPod)
that's the point also : you are doing 2 comparisons :
a) Tv quality is lower than 640x480, and this would not be fullscreen n the ipod and for playback they can scale down to qvga, and again: it's a dedicated playback device. So they can of course play bigger resolutions with a litte bit less effort.

b) you are transcoding with handbrake already because mp2 would never play on the ipod.

Files of other type... I have never got my N800 to play *any* video without transcoding... except very low res quicktime... the type of low res quicktime that plays on ipods happily (do you see the irony there? ;-)
I don't agree with you but as iphone can pllay good quality videos, thres one catch: try to play any other formats?

I am not defending or being blind. Theres a lot of issues that need to be ironed out and the need to say that is in a constructive way, but comparisons need to made in a fair way. iphone is a great device, but it comes with a price. Then you need to see how much do you wanna pay? I was trying to use the iphone nw that I am on vacations, but the simple lack of bluetooth dialup network profile... kills the use for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by handful View Post
And the same for music and so on.
Eh? My music is in MP3 or AAC format. The files are transferable to and from the iPod (in fact my N800 has now got stuff I grabbed off of my iPod last night on it.) Apple doesn't allow the reverse transfer with their tools, but there are at plenty of Windows and Mac tools that do this for free.

I think you are making a bigger deal about being "tied" by the iDevices than is really true.
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
For distribution can i put a line like.

chinook diablo

If i want access to both?
No you can't. This is only possible for the "Components" field. You must add another entry to the application catalogue list if you want different distributions.

Best Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to etrunko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
When is this expected to be released for Diablo???

If you go here >> http://maemo.org/downloads/OS2008/multimedia/
and click to install, it asks to enable the extras repo but when you do, it then reports that the app can not be found.

By released I mean in the correct repository with updated dependencies.
It's there right now! With the help from Niels, who set up the non-free queue for diablo extras, the packages are already there. The plugins are on their way to extras too. Just waiting for the repository index to be updated.

The Following User Says Thank You to etrunko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by etrunko View Post
It's there right now! With the help from Niels, who set up the non-free queue for diablo extras, the packages are already there. The plugins are on their way to extras too. Just waiting for the repository index to be updated.
has volumn level been fixed? And by "there now" does this mean I can install it with Canola's very own "click to install" button?

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Yodude

We are double checking the install file, but its safer to go straight to the application manager / multmedia..

BR
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Just wondering, even though its probably safe to use the Chinook repository for it, will the other themes be added to Diablo Extras anytime soon?

Edit: Never mind, they're just not in the multimedia section like Canola, but in the themes section, which doesn't make sense to me, but whatever

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Tried to update via application manager, I'm getting the message that I can't install due to missing packages:
flash-and-reboot
initfs-flasher
kernel-diablo-flasher
liblightmediascanner0

I have all my chinook repositories currently disabled, fwiw.

Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
Tried to update via application manager, I'm getting the message that I can't install due to missing packages:
flash-and-reboot
initfs-flasher
kernel-diablo-flasher
liblightmediascanner0

I have all my chinook repositories currently disabled, fwiw.
The first 3 are an issue that's got nothing to do with Canola. I fixed this just the other day, by doing sudo gainroot followed by apt-get -f install in terminal.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Just wanted to thank etrunko & Canola Team for update to allow us to now install Canola2 on Diablo OS without frigging any package locations.

I have (last couple of days) installed Canola2 (Diablo OS) using the OS Application Manager along with the YouTube, LastFM and Theme plugins. Canola operates just fine fine and dandy !

I have noted (in my case?) a minor problem with the Cover Art option of My Music. The small thumbnails never seem to be correctly updated (Grey ?) even though when playing a whole album or track from an album; the now playing options correctly display the larger album art!

I used built in cover art plugin and switched from "embedded only" option to all options selected i.e. local covers, embedded covers, LastFM & Amazon. (Updated my covers to see if it made any difference?)

I have embedded art and local covers (Folder.jpg) for all my music stored on a 4Gb MMC, the embedded appear to be the only album art available to me via Canola2 with no option to change any cover alternatives i.e. Amazon or Last.FM offerings? (Was connected to internet at time of cover updates)

Apologies if above is already a known and reported problem with cover art plugin.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
Originally Posted by etrunko View Post
Just Seen Canola2 2.0.0~beta9-maemo2 appear in Extras but it cannot be upgraded because it deoends on liblightmediascanner0 (=0.1.10-maemo2) which is not present (in Extras or Extras-Devel).

Went to Red Pill mode and I found an update for liblightmediascanner0 (0.1.10-maemo3) in Extras ...

I suppose there is no new feature or bug fix in this release ... but you know how it is : very hard to see a new version and not be able to install it ...

Hope this helps

Fred