Posts: 73 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
Any Brick and Mortar options in Ottawa? anyone know?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by qwavel View Post
They didn't have any N810's either, but they said they would be getting them back in stock (unlike the N800's).
Ah yes... this infuriates me to no end. "We stock Item X/Y" and then reality turns another side. It could, theoretically be that they only stock it online... but I won't give them the benefit of the doubt on that.

Good luck in your search, though... if I find any places that have reasonably priced n8*0's I'll post it here.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My N810 is set to arrive today (Toronto) from tigerdirect.ca. I ordered it last Sunday at $365.99... it's gone up!?

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
My N810 is set to arrive today (Toronto) from tigerdirect.ca. I ordered it last Sunday at $365.99... it's gone up!?
They're listing them now for $299. Better start working on getting a rebate.
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Summerside, PEI, Canada
While we're on the subject . . .

Anyone know where to get the Armor Case (by Boxwave) in Toronto? I'll be there in a week for 2 weeks, so I could always order and have it shipped from BoxWave to my destination there. But, I was wondering whether anyone had seen it in store that I could easily snag.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/armo...-n810_3045.htm

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
Good news everyone...

After almost a year of work Nokia Canada has finally managed to bungle together a website. Lucky for you because now you can pay the $499.95 (+TAX +S&H) for a n810. Your kind donation will go to support the douche that runs their web department.

http://store.nokia.ca/product.php?pr...cat=254&page=1

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Who are they kidding? Any people from Nokia Canada frequenting this site? Care to comment?

Sarah,

Given that Nokia tablets are a rare sight in Canada much less Toronto (I know 2 770 owners, 2 n800 owners, and saw one 770 out in the wild), I doubt you'll find something specifically tailored for the N810 out here. Your best bet would be College St. between Bathurst and Spadina as there are about 10 computer stores on the north side of the street. I haven't seen many PDA cases much less tablet cases though. Everything is iPod iPod iPod...

The N810 is really overpriced considering how lackluster the GPS performance is... As well as the inability to access the PowerVR onboard. N810 was poorly architected.

I live in Canada, I own an N810 - still deciding whether it was worth it or not. I use the device, but I feel like I got more performance out of my old iPaq H2200... Nokia isn' concentrating on the N810 enough.

If they actually made a concentrated effort, I'm sure the N810 could be a lot better.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Summerside, PEI, Canada
Hedgecore,

I decided it's probably worth it to splurge and order from Boxwave.

They will at least deliver to Canada, and it's the case I want (which I can't even find on ebay!) as well they have the Battery back up system (a power unit that runs on AA batteries that claims to power up to 5 power cycles depending on which device you're using -- handy for long trips, especially if stockpiled with charged AAs!)

I have a few things sitting in my cart right now . . .