Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by kurupted View Post
i reflashed 3 times still doesnt work. same error
there is a new version of youamp availalable, where I explicitly depend on the dbus related library. If it still does not work it is not the fault of youamp.
Try not restoring your preferences after reflashing then.

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
hey madman2k
just found your wonderful program yesterday - and installed it pronto (as I was getting tired of the bloated players).

Everything installed fine - but got a bit confused over the versions, as youamp presents itself as version "Youamp 0.3.5.2" in about, but in application manager it's says 0.3.6-3.

Now for a couple of questions/suggestions/bugs:

1: problems with remembering position in playlist:
When I close youamp and reopen, it remembers the list I have + what track is played (fx. a list of 10 songs where song 5 is played). When I press play, youamp plays track 5, but when this track finishes (or I press next), the player jumps to track 2. It seems that the current track is remembered - but not the "order" this track has in the playlist (this is also evident in the interface, as the first track is highlighted when youamp is started).

2: shuffle when opening:
Shuffle is a great feature, which I use a lot when playing all songs from an artist. So my setup would be - browse artist - all albums - shuffle - play.
This works fine until I close and open youamp. When youamp reopens, it reshuffles - so my playlist from earlier is "destroyed".
Would it be possible to not have youamp reshuffle when it opens?
- a suggestion to the user interface: have an shuffle toggle (enable/disable) and a shuffle button that can be pressed whenever you want to do a shuffle. That way a user can keep a shuffle, create a new shuffle by pressing the button, or disable shuffle by disabling.

Last edited by nikolajhendel; 2008-07-24 at 09:14.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Helsinki
After mooving boot to SD, youamp can't find any files. Is there a way to fix it? Or is there a way to specify folder?

I would also like the ability to specify folder, or exclude. Since youamp chokes on podcasts with an id3 tag error.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by nikolajhendel View Post
Everything installed fine - but got a bit confused over the versions, as youamp presents itself as version "Youamp 0.3.5.2" in about, but in application manager it's says 0.3.6-3.
its version 0.3.6 - I just forgot to change the string in the UI.

1: problems with remembering position in playlist:
When I close youamp and reopen, it remembers the list I have + what track is played (fx. a list of 10 songs where song 5 is played). When I press play, youamp plays track 5, but when this track finishes (or I press next), the player jumps to track 2. It seems that the current track is remembered - but not the "order" this track has in the playlist (this is also evident in the interface, as the first track is highlighted when youamp is started).
that seems to be a bug - I am going to look into that

2: shuffle when opening:
Shuffle is a great feature, which I use a lot when playing all songs from an artist. So my setup would be - browse artist - all albums - shuffle - play.
This works fine until I close and open youamp. When youamp reopens, it reshuffles - so my playlist from earlier is "destroyed".
my thinking behind this was that when you shuffle you actually dont care about the order, so as long as the order is shuffled it is ok. But I agree that sometimes it would be good to have the same order after reloading, but that would require saving the current order.

- a suggestion to the user interface: have an shuffle toggle (enable/disable) and a shuffle button that can be pressed whenever you want to do a shuffle. That way a user can keep a shuffle, create a new shuffle by pressing the button, or disable shuffle by disabling.
I dont think this is worth an extra button. you can currently achieve this by pressing the shuffle button twice.

Originally Posted by Meraxupypr View Post
After mooving boot to SD, youamp can't find any files. Is there a way to fix it? Or is there a way to specify folder?
YouAmp looks in /media/mmc1 /media/mmc2 and ~/music/, so you can make one of these symlink to your musicfolder in order to make it find your music again.

And in the next version you will be able to specify one folder.

ok, the music folder selection did not quite make it in, but I decided to release what Ive got now, since I will be busy over the next weeks.

* changed domain
* correctly restore position after restart
* D-Bus interface
* finally fixed OGG replaygain

The Following User Says Thank You to MadMan2k For This Useful Post:
The .install wouldn't upgrade youamp for me on my diablo'd N810. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it using the .install file from maemo.org and it still wanted to install v3.6. So I got the v3.7 deb directly: http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p....3.7-4_all.deb and found out I needed python2.5-mutagen to install v3.7. Odd. So I ran apt-get install python2.5-mutagen and then I was able to get youamp_0.3.7-4_all.deb to install correctly.

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
hey madman2k
-installed the new version over the old. Whenever I open youamp it starts "updating database". The window has now been open an hour - so it seems to be stuck (even though the program works "underneath").

I will try to uninstall youamp and install the latest version to see what happens.

I had a similar problem as well, just uninstall it and install the deb I linked above. Everything is swell now, even though ogg files don't play under diablo. Haven't figured out why, because I was under the impression youamp had native ogg support.