Active Topics

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ iNDIANAPOLIS
After updating my n800 i cannot pair may palm centro via bluetooth... The palm recognizes the trusted device but cannot make connection.. The n800 also has the palm in memory, but still doesn't connect.. A brief connection occurs but immediatly disappears.. You folks know about frustration.. Anything please, don

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Miami & London
Are you attempting to pair to use the Centro as a modem (i.e. DUN, dialup networking) -OR- are you attempting to pair to transfer files?

Thank you sparkling.. I am trying to use the centro as a modem, a conduit via mutual bluetooth connections to access google and email, etc..

I did update my n800 with a n810 upgrade..

Any advice? But thank you so much for asking...don

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Miami & London
To test, I just paired my N810 (OS2008, Chinook) with my wife's Centro. If you had previously paired the tablet with the Centro, I would delete the existing profile from both devices and start fresh.

On the tablet this would be done at Control Panel > Bluetooth > Devices > Delete.

On the Centro use Prefs > Bluetooth > Setup Devices > Trusted Devices > Details > Delete device.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ United States
I think the problem lies with the Diablo build of OS2008. I posted what I'm experiencing here with my n800/Treo 755 combination, and the solution worked perfectly under earlier OS versions.

I did try what you suggested sparkling, but to no avail. :-(

-------------------------------------

Hi sparkling.. to no avail! I did everything mentioned and the Palmuser96 registered as discovered trusted advice.. but the N800, with the OS2008 messaged "Connection failed to Palmuser96".. I enterd the password numbers and followed the prompts, but would not connect.. Sparkling, i appreciated your input very much. thanks, don

I have the same problem. This use to work just fine with the old build - but now it does not seem to work after the OS update on the N800.

Thanks Dp.. and also to the Captain and Sparkling... I went to the Palm Chat and talked to a technician, because another person says that after the Palm Centro upgrade , of which i also did, their bluetooth connections were also shutting down. The Chat person consulted with another and didn't seem to know the answer and suggested i do a soft re-set on the phone. Nada Zilch.. I feel, like you, that the OS update killed the deal.. The question being would purchasing the new N810 cause the same problem?.. the N800 connectd to the phones bluetooth was always used.. I hope this thing can be resolved. thanks for your comment, Don

I am using OS2008 (Not Diablo) and I connect fine with my Centro. I use the USB Modem software from mobile-stream.com. I believe it's offered as a trial to see if it works. I ended up buying since it made the connection with my N800 and Powerbook pretty simple.

S.

Thanks Scrabbler, I will give it a try when i get home.. I don't know if it is Diablo or not.. I did get an update to my centro last week, version 1.07 from version 1.05.
I am glad you had some success.. many thanks, Don