Active Topics

So I've managed to install python, somehow it showed up as an option - when or why, I don't know.

Now I can't install pygtksourceview or gtksourceview?!

I've done "apt-get install -f" after somehow managing to get the right kind of root access (apparently rootsh is wrong, but gainroot is!?)
Obviously something to do with preserving/establishing the right environment variables.

I am in "red pill mode" although the additional repos that were present with " and `` or '' before them are now all gone.

How do I sort out this mess? Nokia and the user base have gone crazy with the repositories and allowing them to cross-pollenate. I'm very familiar with repos in Ubuntu and they never let it get to this level...

Please, help me restore some order to my poor tablet. Someone.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
which tablet are you using and what version OS as well. I have never had any problems with the official Maemo repos, there are different sections for each distro just like ubuntu's repos. This should list some repos only the first 4 are official maemo http://maemo.org/community/wiki/appl...nrepositories/

You should not have to use apt-get or 'redpill' to install if you have the repo correct. On another note openssh willget you root when you ssh to the tablet.

Using N810, Diablo.

That page you linked has nothing for me.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
I do not understand your repo difficulties but moving past that.
You should explain your difficulties more.

If you want to install pygtksourceview or gtksourceview I susgurest PyGTKEditor

Here is a link to his PyGTKEditor site

Also some deps that have the packages that you are looking for.

But I suggest you post in the first link and talk to khertan he is in the know.