Notices

You can use wmctrl, alone or in combination with powerlaunch.
(Qole's latest Debian chroot release includes a config for powerlaunch where power-fullscreen fullscreens any program, so you could just install wmctrl, powerlaunch and that.)

Thanks for offering this, but I'd rather use hildon-input until I buy a bluetooth keyboard.

When you run this ported version of putty as root from a terminal window, the putty GUI looks PERFECT, much better than those above pictures. Configurations can even be saved and read, which I could not do when I ran putty the 'normal' way through the application launcher.

I wonder why?

In any case, the following is just a workaround, but it works great!
Install the Personal Menu. Create a menu item for the command: /usr/bin/putty
Click the 'run as root' checkbox
Finally, edit the /etc/sudoers file and add the line: "user ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/putty

Voila!
Attached Images

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Try "run-standalone.sh putty" and you'll inherit the theme as root too

But the effect above could be achieved, as user, by changing some environmental variables before running putty.

Thanks QWERTY, your way sound a bit easier! :-)

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I've messed around with Qwerty's Putty release several different times for many months, but in the end, I finally gave up because the whole experience was much too slow.

cjdavia, you should have a look at his port of Syncterm. It's one heck of a monster in terms of speed and it has perfect graphical support unlike Putty, the only drawback is that it doesn't have SSH support.

If you need any help getting it in fullscreen mode, ask away since I found a method to do so some time back but never posted on it.

Cheers.

Syncterm