Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
By Ed Bartosh (Thanks!)

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/gconf-editor/

I thought I would post it here as GConf is a fun part to delve into of the IT.

I posted a screenshot of it running on my N800.

It seems to be fully hildonised.

If you find any good edits, please post them here!
Attached Images

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-03-08 at 16:34.

Excellent been waiting for this one!

Yup, definitely neat to have it back, thanks to Ed, and to Faheem for the heads-up !

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Thanks, sounds nice when called by name

@all
The screenshot in the 1st post has a mod in it

Hi
I'm a Newbie with a question about Gconf-Editor.
I'm running the latest OS on a N800 and have Gconf-Editor installed and working fine, "I think." I say this only because when I run it and look in the apps section, its shows programs that I have un-installed and are NOT listing in the App Manager. Is there some way to correct this or do I just Un-install, then Re-Install Gconf-editor to get a new listing?

There is nothing wrong. Settings for uninstalled applications are not normally removed.

Thanks, just checking.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Liberty, SC
I had this app before I re-flashed my N800 but when I go to the link above it gets as far as loading the Application Manager and preparing to install and I get an error "Unable to download gconf-editor Application package not found". I went the the application Home page but could not find the NIT version. Anyone know where it can be downloaded from?

Originally Posted by fpbrooks View Post
I had this app before I re-flashed my N800 but when I go to the link above it gets as far as loading the Application Manager and preparing to install and I get an error "Unable to download gconf-editor Application package not found". I went the the application Home page but could not find the NIT version. Anyone know where it can be downloaded from?
I believe it's in extras these days, so (with that enabled) it should show up in the app manager.

Yes, I needed it for diablo so I took the time to upload the chinook into diablo extras so it should be there for sure