Notices

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
Greetings:

Maybe as a testing ground, it would more visually appealing if we have an Icon based UI for the Apps section of Internet Tablet Talk.

Ipod Touch and Itunes UI is burning up the rubber and way ahead of Maemo in Visual Appeal.

So if we test this Icon based UI in this section and many members of Internet Tablet Talk send feedback that they like it, then it could be used all over the site.

Personally I find it more easy to click on an Icon rather than a word.

Regards Robert

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
You mentioned an Apple product so this thread will go nowhere except down.

Some of these issues will be addressed in Maemo 5 ( the next major upgrade ) which no one really knows much about except for Nokia.

Icons are fine if you have just a few applications.. I have lots, and those I prefer to be in a list (icons wouldn't fit).
However, for my most-used applications I use simple_launcher which lets me list them as icons directly in the display.
Best of both worlds already!

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
I think he's talking about this website, not the tablet itself.

-T.

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Ah, I think you're right. Well, that's totally of no interest to me then - I don't care much for the look of a site as long as it's good enough and I've never bothered looking at boring iPhone sites. (And he should have posted in the Comment/Suggest forum, not the Apps forum..)

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
The problem with icons is more icons on a webstie the more it slows it down, and if your using it on the tablet on Cell connection if you add more images you might as well just not even come here on tablet unless your using my Minimalistic theme (Had to plug it even thought some people don't like it lol)

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
And you choose icons for a post ? letting user choose ? same for all post ? not very usefull.

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Originally Posted by RobMtl007 View Post
Greetings:

Maybe as a testing ground, it would more visually appealing if we have an Icon based UI for the Apps section of Internet Tablet Talk.

Ipod Touch and Itunes UI is burning up the rubber and way ahead of Maemo in Visual Appeal.

So if we test this Icon based UI in this section and many members of Internet Tablet Talk send feedback that they like it, then it could be used all over the site.

Personally I find it more easy to click on an Icon rather than a word.

Regards Robert
Man, that's a lot of words to read, could you rephrase your comment in the form of an icon?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheGogmagog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by TheGogmagog View Post
Man, that's a lot of words to read, could you rephrase your comment in the form of an icon?
I just almost died laughing

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i spotted the title of this thread, assumed that first poster could do some kind of comparison with the gloss of ip[od/hone] and was right. i hate it when the world becomes that predictable...