Active Topics

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by tj110158 View Post
I get an error msg: Memory low (even when the device is plugged in
You mean your power grid is supplying storage space? Wow, this is truely rocket science ...

MoG

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Meraxupypr View Post
I have small problem with booting from internal card. (I try to read this topic and use search).

I do as in this post:
Code:
1) I booted to internal MMC; saw the update notification.. went ahead and updated..it warned me i would reboot - and I already knew my bootmenu was going to be hosed. So; it gets done; without error; and reboots.
2) Tablet reboots into flash on it's own... I run application manager and check for updates.. install 2 new updates... tablet reboots again; still in flash - and I get a pretty little "operating system updates installed".
3) Removed penguinbaits bootmenu-installer
4) Re-installed penguinbaits bootmenu-installer (took a while.. but still worked fine).
5) Reboot and select internal MMC
So menu appears. When i select booting from internal card, I get message (as usual): "booting from immc2...". But after several seconds tablet restarted.
How can I fix this?

Im having the same problem and Ive opened a thread Here
maybe there's something that can help you out...

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo View Post
You mean your power grid is supplying storage space? Wow, this is truely rocket science ...

MoG
lan over power, and a san/nas?

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by j d View Post
My recharge icon is working again now... for no good reason. Maybe it got all the silliness out of it's system after recovering from a pretty severe crash.
I had a problem with my connection icon. It kept flashing on and off, trying to connect to my local wireless AP, and when I tried to select 'disconnect' it would ask me if I really wanted to but when I said 'yes' it didn't do anything. I walked away out of range of the AP and it still tried to connect to the AP to no avail, disconnect doing nothing. To solve it I went into offline mode, and then online again, seeing a list of APs. This sometimes worked. A reboot didn't solve the problem, but when I rebooted again somehow the problem was gone. Very strange.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by free View Post
Looks like http://www.fbreader.org/ has libbz2-1.0 1.0.3-2 which seems not compatible with this upgrade.
Could you please elaborate what steps led to the problem?

I tried both: "Diablo release, install FBReader, update" and "Diablo release, update, install FBReader" scenario and had no problems with it.

could it be some interference from chinook repo's, or maybe -devel?

i know i had picked up the -2 of libbz2 somehow, and removing it would result in removing python among other things so i tried to use -unlocked via apt-get instead. big mistake as one can see from my other posts here...

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
After the SSU and map update, I have no maps! Trying to download, but having all the typical problems obtaing the usa-west map, as described in other threads. Anyone else lost maps after upgrade?

EDIT: I left the USA-West download running when I went to bed and this morning it had completed.

Steve

Last edited by stevecrye; 2008-08-15 at 20:23. Reason: Reported OK download

nope, mine is still here. thats one of those things that surprised me in a way

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Hello,
Originally Posted by MishaS View Post
Could you please elaborate what steps led to the problem?

I tried both: "Diablo release, install FBReader, update" and "Diablo release, update, install FBReader" scenario and had no problems with it.
osso-software-version-rx34 enforces a strict dependency on libbz2-1.0:
apt-cache show osso-software-version-rx34 | tr ',' '\n' | grep libbz2
it needs this version:
libbz2-1.0 (= 1.0.3-1)
Note the "=", which means stricly this version.

in comparison to fbreader which needs:
libbz2-1.0
There is no restriction on which version you need to have installed

Now let's look at what version is available:

Nokia-N800-23-14:~# apt-cache policy libbz2-1.0
libbz2-1.0:
Installed*: 1.0.3-1
Candidate*: 1.0.3-2
Version table*:
1.0.3-2 0
500 http://www.fbreader.org chinook/user Packages
1.0.3-1 0
500 http://repository.maemo.org diablo/free Packages
*** 1.0.3-1 0
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

When upgrading, apt-get detects new version for libbz2-1.0 but as long as osso-software is there, it will be held in version 1.0.3-1. Fine.
In case osso-software (or any other strict package on dependency) is not there, libbz2-1.0 might get upgraded. There is then a conflict in case people want to install osso-software-version again.

For reference, list of other packages that require this library (where conflict can appear):
Code:
Nokia-N800-23-14:~# apt-cache rdepends libbz2-1.0
libbz2-1.0
Reverse Depends:
  osso-software-version-rx34
  gnupg
  python2.4
  libzlibrary
  fbreader
  bzip2
  bzip2
  libbz2-dev
  python2.5
  libimlib2
  mdictionary
  links2
This will not appear on devices with default configuration.
If you don't need this libbz2-1.0 1.0.3-2 then you could just remove it.

Last edited by free; 2008-08-15 at 10:49.

i wonder why fbreader has a revision of the package (if im reading the version number right) on its repo...

Tags
browser, email, microb, modest, os2008, ssu, stability, update