Active Topics

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815260013

Not really for n8xx, but I just ordered one to record tv shows for offline viewing on my n800.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I ordered one too. 2 comments: I had kworld stuff before, they are a little bit below ok, not horrible, but got what you paid for. At least, one can find them if stuff dont work. Second: they are notorius in give out rebate. Anyhow, only the HDTV antannae itself is ~$20.

Another thought about the winshield holder, the cup, sometimes, may loss suction and your lovely tablet may, MAY, fall from the winshield. I always put it in such a way, that the tablet will rest on the dashboard. Beware, as the tablet falls from winshield to the floor may kill the tablet.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-08-16 at 02:12.

Good to know. Like one of the uses you mentioned, I was only thinkng to use the holder indoor, on the desk.

Did you try the kworld TV yet? I just got it 5 min ago and open installed and watching in less than 5 min! The DTV on my cheap laptop (17 in screen) just blows away my crappy 25 in TV. However, my laptop is way too old for the HDTV (it say so), so I am now installing kworld on my desktop and see how it goes.

BTW, everybody complains about the flimpse antenna. I have it sitting on a $.99 metal scissor and it picks up 50 some Digital channels, more than what my dedicated HDTV tunner (Samsung, $279) picks up. When I done watching DTV, I will send in my $20 rebate. I will order one more for the kitchen laptop. wow!

Only complain: NO REMOTE!

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-08-21 at 00:57.

I also got it today. You are right: WOW! I first installed on-the-air TV, watched some program on the crisp display for a while. Then I tried to install cable TV by switching the input cable. This is where I ran into problems. I don't know what I did, but now the tuner is not been recognized. Will try to reinstall later.

HDTV works. And also, a better antannae picks up even more channels.

same complain: NO REMOTE!

bun

I haven't carefully read the manual (on CD), but it seems to mention remote installaion. Maybe you want to take a look? BTW my problem was that the tuner stick was not securely attached. I added a usb extender; everything is OK now.

Tonight is a goner, i cannot do anything. Just gawking on the HDTV signal, even dumb ugly TV program suddenly becomes beautiful. HDTV is really addictive. And then bumped into DTV of timelife advertisements, listening and watching Al martino, Gene Pitney, Andy William, Connie Francis, Roger Williiams, Bobby Goldsboro, Anne Murray, Oh my god, I cannot do any work. Tonight is a goner, I dont care, I am going to gawk at this timelife and the Olympic Live........

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-08-21 at 10:56.

How well does this tuner work in linux?

you need linux driver. It does NOT come with one.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=203904

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-08-21 at 11:12.