Active Topics

What do you guys think about this "rumor"?

http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/communi...3-Standard-RSS

I wonder how soon will that be?!

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Is not a rumor is been talked about for some time...
I am not sure how soon but OS2006 just released not to long ago... I will think it will be a .deb you can download and install.

maemo mapper does that since quite a while already, right?

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by christianhauck
maemo mapper does that since quite a while already, right?
Yes it does but I think the new software that Nokia will acuired will come intergrated with there compatible cell phones and if anything release a version for Maemo...

Originally Posted by SeRi@lDiE
Is not a rumor is been talked about for some time...
I am not sure how soon but OS2006 just released not to long ago... I will think it will be a .deb you can download and install.
If Nokia is working already on a new OS or sofware upgrade, this means there will not be a hardware release anytime soon, right?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by d_mon
If Nokia is working already on a new OS or sofware upgrade, this means there will not be a hardware release anytime soon, right?
: x

You just never know...

I don't think one follows the other. *If* there is new hardware in the making, and *if* it is not a whole new "platform" but compatible with the present 770 (which would kind of make sense...), then it doesn't hurt to continue improving the current OS if it can be reused on the next model.

Also, the 770 was a newcomer in a whole new market segment, so last year the game was to drum up a lot of media buzz early on (in May or maybe even before) and make people wait for it -- at least till November for those who got the first commercial units.

If a new one is coming, it's probably going to come much more quietly, and be publicized at most a few weeks before actual availability, else 770 sales would grind to a halt in anticipation. It would be good marketing tactics to keep that secret well guarded...

So we could see a new model for the Xmas season, as the first aniversary of the 770's appearance on the market, or next Spring, at the second year of the 770's unveiling in trade shows... or not :-)