Notices

Hello! Wanna give a game suggestion. It's Slay , a incredibly fun game that's for Windows, Palm, Symbian and PPC.

But it would definitely be very good in Maemo platform. It's a strategy game that is extremely replayable.

It's not open source, but it would be very good to play in N800.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
How about opening it with GarnetVM in the meanwhile? If it runs on palm then it can be emulated with it...

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Portugal
wesnoth is a great game. i had it with os2007, butt now there is not enough memory left to instal it.
it would be nice to run it from the sd card.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
Technichally you can,
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=19639
but you have to copy the entire OS to the SD (A 2g one is preferrable) then, whats left on the SD becomes internal memory (and I think you can still use the REAL internal memory to save stuff) works on my N800 just fine. If you need to reflash the tablet, you need to install bootmenu(somewhere arount this forum) to start booting from th SD again. Hope it works

Last edited by eliagp; 2008-08-25 at 19:07.

Originally Posted by salomc View Post
Hello! Wanna give a game suggestion. It's Slay , a incredibly fun game that's for Windows, Palm, Symbian and PPC.

But it would definitely be very good in Maemo platform. It's a strategy game that is extremely replayable.

It's not open source, but it would be very good to play in N800.
I'm a little confused; you seem to be aware that the lack of source makes it impossible to port (except by the owners), so what exactly are you suggesting? A campaign to persuade the owners to port, a project to clone it, or something else?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
I'm a little confused; you seem to be aware that the lack of source makes it impossible to port (except by the owners), so what exactly are you suggesting? A campaign to persuade the owners to port, a project to clone it, or something else?
Sorry if I wasn't clear at first. I really love this community.

I just gave an example of a game concept. It seems to be perfect to be played on NITs, just like Numpty Physics. It's light, very replayable and can be played in little screens.

Well, just a suggestion. I think many of the community would like to play a game like this. It's a great hobby.

EDIT: I have just sent an email to the owner, remembering him about the existence of the Tablets

Last edited by salomc; 2008-08-25 at 23:17. Reason: email sent

His response:

Thanks for your email and what really puts my off Linux is the bewildering array of different versions. For Windows I just create a single .exe file and that works on Windows 95,98,Me,2000,NT,XP and Vista. As far as I'm aware I'd need different executables for different flavours of Linux .

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Not exactly so.

If you create an exe for windows without the needed libs statically linked in it, it is possible to break too. On the other hand if you statically link your libs in your elf executable, it will prabably run on more linux flavors. I agree that Windows has better downwards compatibility, but thats their downfall too.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
indeed, microsodt have done ssome near insane things to maintain this compatiblity. and now they find they have dug themselves a very deep pit.

but i guess it shows that in he end, convenience thrumps all...