Notices

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Isn't Ruby, like Python, interpreted? That means you don't need source code; the executables are text files.
Yes, but I'm talking about the interpreter itself. Alterego never finished the Ruby-bindings for Maemo, but luckily they have worked good enough for now. But if Nokia makes more radical changes, I doubt the bindings will work anymore.

Pushwall, I could try to rewrite the ui stuff with RubyGame or completely with Vala or such if there's demand for it But let's see what the future brings.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ok, I understand now. That is a fairly serious problem.

I really hope Nokia stops making radical changes to the API of Maemo, or at least does the Microsoft thing and allows legacy stuff to keep working in new versions.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ the praeternatural tower
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Okay, you did one dangerous (but perfectly OK, if you know what you're doing) thing, and one pointless (if less risky) thing. You are not to install the SDK repo on a device, because it contains some packages that conflict with packages that half your system depends on; that is, packages which you can install, but your system will never boot again. Red pill, though, was unnecessary; since libruby depended on libssl0, it should have been pulled in automatically (now that you added the SDK repo) when you tried libruby or rubybox again, so you don't need to be able to manually select it.

I'd recommend going back to blue-pill; anything you need red-pill for is, imho, better done with dpkg/apt-get on the command line, because they give more useful feedback about what they're doing, anyway. As for the SDK repo, generally it should be disabled when you're not trying to install particular software from it.
Now you've got me worried.
(for the record, I only stayed in red-pill mode long enough to install libssl0, I immediately returned to blue-pill)

Now, if I am understanding you, I should not have used the libssl0 from the Maemo diablo/sdk repository. The only other repository that had it was Maemo Chinook. Since my tablet is running Diablo, I uses the diablo/sdk repository, not knowing that sdk is a synonym for "danger".
(Yes, I know that SDK means "software development kit")

To be safe, what should I do? I'm figuring that I should uninstall libssl0, the ruby files, and RubyBox, remove the Maemo diablo/sdk from the App Manager's list, add Maemo Chinook to the App Manager's list, then just reinstall the ruby files and RubyBox. Is this correct?

Last edited by Nyrath; 2008-09-11 at 17:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nyrath For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nyrath View Post
(for the record, I only stayed in red-pill mode long enough to install libssl0, I immediately returned to blue-pill)

Now, if I am understanding you, I should not have used the libssl0 from the Maemo diablo/sdk repository. The only other repository that had it was Maemo Chinook. Since my tablet is running Diablo, I uses the diablo/sdk repository, not knowing that sdk is a synonym for "danger".

To be safe, what should I do? I'm figuring that I should uninstall libssl0, the ruby files, and RubyBox, remove the Maemo diablo/sdk from the App Manager's list, add Maemo Chinook to the App Manager's list, then just reinstall the ruby files and RubyBox. Is this correct?
No, you're fine with libssl0; just disable the repo (no need to delete), and you're fine. There are some dangerous packages in there, but libssl0 is fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nyrath View Post

No, you're fine with libssl0; just disable the repo (no need to delete), and you're fine. There are some dangerous packages in there, but libssl0 is fine.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
Pushwall, I could try to rewrite the ui stuff with RubyGame or completely with Vala or such if there's demand for it But let's see what the future brings.
No more RubyBox NOOoooo

Put me on the list of those who love RubyBox, it makes changing parameters on DosBox so much easier.

The Following User Says Thank You to Valeria For This Useful Post:
I need help - is it possible to get the access to the funktion key with a n810 hardware keyboard? I'm trying to use lotus agenda on it - and can't do it because I was not able to hit the F1 to F10...

Is it possible?

The Following User Says Thank You to cybic For This Useful Post:
cybic, install xkbd

Anyone else having problems with doxbox and the n810 keyboard? I'm running dosbox with xkbd and even when trying to run a simple command like dir /w dosbox goes 'crazy'. Clicking / on xbd sometimes gives me another charactor or gives me / twice. If I use the hardware Fn key to enter / Fn gets locked on so I can never enter the w. The only fix I found is to smash on a bunch of xkbd keys until Fn is released. Sometimes if I just let it sit for a minute or two, it'll release the Fn key by itself. Rediculous. Anyone else have these problems? This app is great for running a lot of useful apps, but the UI is horrible.

Also, how do I restore dosbox if I minimize it by mistake?

Last edited by st5150; 2008-11-26 at 06:59.

Key Fn too does not work for me on keyboard N810 and xkbd works incorrectly. No combinations of keys for a character set help: / ect. How to force hardware keyboard N810 or xkbd to work normally? A device: Nokia N810, Diablo 5.2008.43-7 PS. Sorry for my English. I write through the translator.

Hello guys.
I found interesting link http://members.chello.sk/apauer/dosbox4/dosbox4.html. It is DOSBox dynamic recompiler.
It's possible to integrate this arm-core?