Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Thesandlord,

Yes, there should be a fully installable .deb in the coming days/weeks, however I cannot give a fixed deadline because I have promised more time with my very forgiving girlfriend

I have made some drastic improvements since the last update and most of the changes required prior to release are removing cruft I added to test different aspects and ideas (which nobody has seen ) and ensuring media and data are stored in a sensible configurable location.

It went down a treat with everyone who saw/played with it at the summit (apart from timeless, grrrr ) and you can expect to hear/read about it in numerous places in the coming days as people return home and gets back to work.

for the book reader I have included an experimental book file selection gui and switchable and controllable autoscrolling and storing/continuing where you left off, but the main focus remains the sketching which is now much cleaner and includes essentials like undo and opening/editing existing sketches from the graffiti view..

To get an idea of the changes, thoughtfix should have a nice overview with video on tabletblog.com once he escapes from London.

I continue to use it and evolve it as much as time permits, but I'm not looking forward to having to fixup the .deb build process again - diablo update ate my only working system.
It might be time to look for a more grown up (eugh) scratchbox install, but my craptop just isn't up to it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
Yes, I was also very much impressed with the liqbase stuff. lcuk, drop me an email when you have the time.

ragnar,
I most certainly will be.
I hope we can extend our discussions and look forward to meeting up with you and others soon.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
The man stuck in Heathrow says ....

"It's sexy, sexy sexy stuff"

I hope to have the video posted by mid-week. Please help my work load by tagging the images you can.

lcuk, forget the packaging, just get that binary archive out the door first :-)
I tried the June preview while you were speaking on Saturday, and it was painfully not the same....

fpp, i would love to have it out today but there is code in there that is not for public consumption just yet.
I *have* to clean it down and make sure paths and locations and stuff work as expected from scratch.
Its also important to ensure any original data is imported to this location from the old original places.

There are not major things I know, just require a little careful consideration.

I wasn't asking for it on any specific day... just that you don't lose any time on packaging when it's done.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm standing in line right behind fpp for the .tar.gz file. Just want a "hacker's edition" to play with while you make it all nice and tidy for the general public

Hey ! Don't push ! :-)

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
+1 for the tar.gz file. The first "playtest" was easy enough to use.