Notices

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I can't compliment this application enough for all the constant and positive improvements throughout its life. Thank you MUCHLY for this app!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

omweather dev team...U rock guys...

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
I like OmWeather but when I connect to an open wifi spot it immediately tries to grab new information. Sometimes this doesn't work, for example when you still need authorisation over HTTP(S), or when your VPN client is still logging in.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
Last update added some nice features...now if they'd just work.

There's an obvious conversion error bug in the barometric pressure. When selecting to display in inches of mercury (in Hg), the typical number is "P: 0.03 inHg."

Is there any way that you could choose the font size or change the name of the weather station that you are reading? I use "Houston/George Bush Intercontinental Airport" (closest to my house) and the name runs way off the screen. So far the only workaround is to just not display the name. Ideally, the program should compute the size required to display the text in the visible area of the screen.

Originally Posted by rdcinhou View Post
... I use "Houston/George Bush Intercontinental Airport"(closest to my house) and the name runs way off the screen. ...
Maybe it's better if George Bush does run off your screen. But then this isn't the place for political conversations.
PC #1 - HP dv2000 Laptop - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #2 - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #3 - Ubuntu 8.04/Windoze XP dual boot
Nokia N800 internet tablet - OS2008 Diablo dual boot to SD - 4gb internal + 2gb external SD cards

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ mid gulf coast florida
Any chance that the time (& date) for different stations could be displayed without having to go to the second info pop-up?

It would also be nice to have an option to display both metric & imperial (one large one small) so all us imperialistic idiots can get on board with the rest of the world...

Have fun

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Last update added some nice features...now if they'd just work.

There's an obvious conversion error bug in the barometric pressure. When selecting to display in inches of mercury (in Hg), the typical number is "P: 0.03 inHg."
It's a bug . It will be correct on version 0.21.2
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...id=93&atid=417
https://garage.maemo.org/forum/forum...4&forum_id=332
https://garage.maemo.org/pm/task.php...project_id=161
Is there any way that you could choose the font size or change the name of the weather station that you are reading? I use "Houston/George Bush Intercontinental Airport" (closest to my house) and the name runs way off the screen. So far the only workaround is to just not display the name. Ideally, the program should compute the size required to display the text in the visible area of the screen.
You can change the name of station on tab 'Stations'.

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by n9ots View Post
Any chance that the time (& date) for different stations could be displayed without having to go to the second info pop-up?
What did you mean? You can change current town by clicking on name of town on display or by clicking on arrows.
Originally Posted by n9ots View Post
A
It would also be nice to have an option to display both metric & imperial (one large one small) so all us imperialistic idiots can get on board with the rest of the world...

Have fun
Why? Use or metric or imperial units.

Vlad

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Hi,

I've noticed that the sensor temperature as an icon never seems to update after the first change of preferences in the sensor tab. I have it set to update every 10 minutes. Is it just me?

thanks,
Frank

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Banul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I see the same behavior. Maybe a daily change but never every 10 minutes.

Tags
omweather, update