Active Topics

Well, I went and reflashed to see if that would make a difference and it still does not work.
I even tried to remove the memory card, reboot and stick the card back in the slot just before I run the install tools file, and it still comes up with the memory card corrupted error.
How is that still happening. I have made sure I don't have virtual memory running, and the install tools file is installed in flash.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by fibroman View Post
Well, I went and reflashed to see if that would make a difference and it still does not work.
I even tried to remove the memory card, reboot and stick the card back in the slot just before I run the install tools file, and it still comes up with the memory card corrupted error.
How is that still happening. I have made sure I don't have virtual memory running, and the install tools file is installed in flash.
Perhaps its actually corrupted. Can you get it reformatted and working without using my tools? In windows or another linux system? Even if you plug it in and usb to windows or linux you should be able to format it and make it useable.

Can you use the card at all??
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The memory card is fine. I was using it with the n800 before I attempted to do the clone. I also already formated this card as well as two other cards that I have tried with the Panasonic Format utility on my windows xp computer.
Very frustrating.
The only thing I can think of is that I am still using virtual memory somehow. How do you make sure you are not using it? The only way I know how is to go into control panel, then memory, then virtual memory tab and then make sure that the "use virtual memory" box is unchecked.
Is there another way to make sure that you have virtual memory off ??

Originally Posted by fibroman View Post
The memory card is fine. I was using it with the n800 before I attempted to do the clone. I also already formated this card as well as two other cards that I have tried with the Panasonic Format utility on my windows xp computer.
Very frustrating.
The only thing I can think of is that I am still using virtual memory somehow. How do you make sure you are not using it? The only way I know how is to go into control panel, then memory, then virtual memory tab and then make sure that the "use virtual memory" box is unchecked.
Is there another way to make sure that you have virtual memory off ??
open xterm and run "free" what is the output?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ South Carolina
I ran the procedure and it worked great till I shut down and rebooted from the bootmenu into flash. When I rebooted the bootmenu did not show up and it rebooted into flash. I have run the procedure twice. Cloning each time and the same thing happens. Also, after installing rotate I discovered that the install went to flash rather than mmc2. What am I doing wrong?

Originally Posted by paulmorin View Post
I ran the procedure and it worked great till I shut down and rebooted from the bootmenu into flash. When I rebooted the bootmenu did not show up and it rebooted into flash. I have run the procedure twice. Cloning each time and the same thing happens. Also, after installing rotate I discovered that the install went to flash rather than mmc2. What am I doing wrong?
boot to flash and open xterm and become root and run the following command

chroot /mnt/initfs cal-tool --set-root-device ask:flash

mmc2 is partition 2 on internal
mmc3 is partition 3 on internal

mmc12 is partition 2 on external
mmc13 is partition 3 on external

Your menu will not display until you set it to ask:somthing then reboot

Not everyone has this issue, but this should allow the menu to work. Maybe I should update the deb.

Try it and let me know wht happens,

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ South Carolina
Bingo. Worked fine, thanks. Now I just have to figure out why rotate installed on flash when I was running on clone.

I recently updated flash (SD partition has problems that I really don't feel like resolving so I'll just restart from scratch). But is there anyway to clone my flash to SD partition without redoing my partitions (cause I really don't wanna move all the data off my FAT and back).

edit: I had previously used your script (along with the .txt file to specify the sizes). So I have a SWAP partition and all already setup.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I recently updated flash (SD partition has problems that I really don't feel like resolving so I'll just restart from scratch). But is there anyway to clone my flash to SD partition without redoing my partitions (cause I really don't wanna move all the data off my FAT and back).

edit: I had previously used your script (along with the .txt file to specify the sizes). So I have a SWAP partition and all already setup.

I need to add this to add this to my list, but current'y you can do this, but it would have to manual. Look at the boot from SD threads and just skip the partitioning. Just mount and tar it over. Sorry I cannot be more specific at the moment, I am working from a customer site..

no problem, figured i'd just ask first in case.

Edit: I don't have to format it do I? Just do the mount and tar part?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2008-10-07 at 19:24.

Tags
deprecated