Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Richland Washington
After the so called seamless software upgrade my N810 went into looping reboots. I didn't know what to do until I read about it in this forum. Can't thank you enough. The manual reflash took several tries.

I'm gonna throw this in here, but afraid it'll will get lost. My upgrade seems to have thankfully gone very well, altugh I've found that my browser has lost some of the menu options regularly available when 'right clicking' a link. I no longer have the option to open link in new window... instead are 2 "play....." entries, one trying to open link in kmplayer, and the other in default media player. Other menu items are copy link location, and some zoom and general page navigation options.

Right click menu on other areas of a web page seems to produce corrrect menu.... its only wen right clicking links. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by tso View Post
dependencies tab
For that, something as simple as this applied to the application manager source would work:
http://pastebin.com/d6cae4caa

I don't have a tablet available atm so I can't test it out. Although I can try it out in the scratchbox...

Oops, read the code wrongly. Removing those two lines would work better.

Fixed patch:
http://pastebin.com/m35af5bd1

This one actually works to show dependencies in blue pill.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-10-03 at 15:27.

Does anyone know how to resolve my problem?

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...&postcount=406

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by cyberhomi View Post
After the so called seamless software upgrade my N810 went into looping reboots. I didn't know what to do until I read about it in this forum. Can't thank you enough. The manual reflash took several tries.
This is why the Internet Tablet ecosystem sucks. This kind of things does not happens with an iPhone update.

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
It's unfortunate that some have performed actions on their tablets that interfered with SSU, and they don't recall offhand what those actions were, but doing so in the first place was a risk they chose to take.
What??? Here SSU failed just because I removed user files. I would have never thought this would be a problem.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I have said this numerous times but I guess it is still not resonating with everyone: Nokia cannot possibly test for every single possible configuration out there.
If SSU fails just because the user has removed user files, this is entirely Nokia's fault.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by amigokin View Post
This is why the Internet Tablet ecosystem sucks. This kind of things does not happens with an iPhone update.
sarcasm?

(fullfilling minimum character requirements...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
I'm not aware of any evidence to support that. AFAIK, all existing rotation packages prevent the update from starting in the first place. The main culprit for reboot loops seems to be the preinstalled documentation and media.
That's right, the rotation package doesn't break anything, it just may prevent you from installing the SSU because dependencies not met (something to do with xserver-xomap)
I think, from my experience, that there are three main causes for the reboot loops: the preinstalled documentation (why on earth a .deb touchs /home?), the rc.d handling scripts (they are not very... how to say it... mmm... they are very far from being what chkconfig in other systems is), and the package manager which dares to simply say that the SSU coudn't be installed and leave the system completely broken.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
Originally Posted by vinc17
If SSU fails just because the user has removed user files, this is entirely Nokia's fault.
Was it that the user files were removed, or that the .documents directory was moved or removed?

Originally Posted by amigokin View Post
No Thanks!

or

-1 Troll/Flamebait

or

The humor went over my head.

Probably #3.

Last edited by daperl; 2008-10-03 at 17:19.

Closed Thread

Tags
diablo, os2008, ssu, upgrade