Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
I'm still thinkin' Guns and Religion will pull us through.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by ch8xy View Post
If Beiden is top of the ticket, I would vote Democratc. Obama can do some good work as VP, and be president next time around. He can certainly talk, but I want to see a few more years worth of records. Then we can see if he is presidental material or not. Has the media seriously looked into his state records?
Before you vote McCain, you better think. He has a 1 in 7 chance not surviving hist first term. If he were to have a second term, it would be about 1 in 3.3 chance of not surviving

Are you ready for President Palin?

God help us all!
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Before you vote McCain, you better think. He has a 1 in 7 chance not surviving hist first term. If he were to have a second term, it would be about 1 in 3.3 chance of not surviving

Are you ready for President Palin?

God help us all!
Isn't his mother... ehm... 96? It appears that heredity may be on his side...

Originally Posted by andreww View Post
What exactly is the will of the people? Last I checked, it was whatever the last 30-second ad they saw told them to think. How is this good?
The will of the people is generally the same now as it was a hundred years ago. We want to be treated fairly, we want our leaders (and neighbors) to follow the law, and we want an opportunity to become better (and wealthier, and more powerful).

You clearly meant the will of a person.

I know it's not fair, but if you can't devote an hour or two to becoming an informed voter and showing that you have some critical thinking skills, why bother claiming that that "will" is anything more than what someone much more powerful is telling them to think? Blame the corporations or blame the people, either way it's the same result. No way we'll ever get around it as long as it's ok to be uninformed.
A statistic on the topic of "uninformed voters" would be lovely, unless that's just your little thought...

And just look at this latest insane bill to go up to Congress. The bailout? The Senate and the president want you to think it's good, and to just shut up and go with it. But, the majority of America doesn't like it at all, even though these very powerful people want them to.

And, well, even if your right about voters being uninformed, that's why we have an electoral college anyway. The people really don't get to choose. (Thank those old Virginia aristos for that.)

Last edited by Aisu; 2008-10-04 at 19:38.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by Aisu View Post
I don't know if his Mom has had skin cancer, but probably not; and she certainly didn't suffer 4 years of torture. I've never heard anybody say it does a body good. Not to mention, ANYBODY could die in the next four years. (An athletic, robust husband of a friend of mine, for example, died at age 36 of a brain tumor. We all know of cases like that.)

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Originally Posted by Aisu View Post
Did you see her at RNC, she looked completely confused about where she was. I am not sure that's helping your case.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

I have no idea about the validity, but this letter is certainly getting some attention:

My Holiday with John McCain

To all you guys who think you are doing us common folks a favor by touting analysis, calculation, voting with country, future, blah blah blah in mind: save your breath! You are overestimating yourselves. Think about it: there is nothing wrong for, let's say, a 70 year old with no education who just wants someone he can trust to look after his interest. And guess what: his one vote counts as much as yours, even if you have a Ph.D. Everybody gets to vote any way he likes. Both sides have Ph.D.s, lawyers, doctors, experts, etc. Do'nt tell me your side is better than mine. The way I see it, there is not much difference between politics and spectator sport.

Originally Posted by ch8xy View Post
To all you guys who think you are doing us common folks a favor by touting analysis, calculation, voting with country, future, blah blah blah in mind: save your breath! You are overestimating yourselves. Think about it: there is nothing wrong for, let's say, a 70 year old with no education who just wants someone he can trust to look after his interest. And guess what: his one vote counts as much as yours, even if you have a Ph.D. Everybody gets to vote any way he likes. Both sides have Ph.D.s, lawyers, doctors, experts, etc. Do'nt tell me your side is better than mine. The way I see it, there is not much difference between politics and spectator sport.
My side is better than yours !!!

Who just farted?