For some unknown reason, my web browser suddenly no longer work, when it open, it just show an "updating" message there, even if i select or input any url, it just not work, the "updating" message is aways there. BTW, i can close it normally.
anyone encountered the similar problem?
my device :
N800, Diablo with the lastest SSU update..

I have the same problem here; I noticed that it works if I manually start the tablet-browser-demon service (first you have to become root). Strange since I did not change anything related to init.

I just flashed my n810 because had that same problem.

I had a similar problem a couple months back. Turned out that after removing a couple of newly installed apps (I wish I could remember what they were and I'm not sure if I kept notes), the browser functionality returned.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ South Florida
I too had the problem prior to the last update...
Ended up reflashing...

Strange...

If anybody has a solution for this, it would be greatly appreciated, I don't fancy reflashing my n800 again!

I can see that the service is actually enabled; for some reason it's not starting anymore. I remember it just happened after installing some apps; after that, I tried to remove the apps, but the problem persisted. I don't have anything outside of the extras installed.
I remember I removed the tablet tutorial from the app manager.

I've had this problem in the past.

I started tablet-browser-daemon manually with "/etc/init.d/tablet-browser-daemon start" or through control panel applet. Eventually problem went away. Don't know what caused it or what fixed it.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
You don't happen to use the control panel services applet to disable/reenable tablet-browser-daemon did you? If you did, make sure you get tablet-browser-daemon to start at S99 in rc2.d.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
You don't happen to use the control panel services applet to disable/reenable tablet-browser-daemon did you? If you did, make sure you get tablet-browser-daemon to start at S99 in rc2.d.
I want to echo this, the same exact thing happened to me. I accidentally disabled the tablet-browser-daemon, then reenabled it. The new service entry was set to K20. After moving it to S99 (using update-rc.d from the command line, to make sure that every run level was updated simultaneously) and rebooting, everything worked fine.

This is a pretty serious bug with the control panel services applet, in my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to lefticus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
I've had this problem in the past.

I started tablet-browser-daemon manually with "/etc/init.d/tablet-browser-daemon start" or through control panel applet. Eventually problem went away. Don't know what caused it or what fixed it.
i got a "Starting browser daemon: Segmentation fault" error when i do this.