Active Topics

Originally Posted by craves1 View Post
The Mugen battery cover is 7.46mm and my cover is 4.93mm. The difference is not that much but it will not allow the Mugen battery to be used with it.
For people with the Mugen battery cover that want to purchase the SD card adapter, and are willing to remove the 2 ribs inside the cove. The adapter will be available for purchase later today or tomorrow. I just have to set up the purchase page. I also have to make a installation guide but it is simple to install.
What two ribs do you speak of? I don't have the mugen battery, but am not a novice when it comes to dremel usage.

Originally Posted by Sentinel1705 View Post
What two ribs do you speak of? I don't have the mugen battery, but am not a novice when it comes to dremel usage.
The 2 ribs are light wight plastic. I am sure you could use a heavy duty nail cliper to remove them
They were on the left side of the part in this photo.

Name:  N810 Cover sample 044.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  29.3 KB
The metal cover will be ready soon. The manufacturer purchased a N810 so they can get a better fit.

thanks

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Craves1, I predict a booming business here. And this might be enough to persuade me to buy an N810 myself, now!

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Craves1, I predict a booming business here. And this might be enough to persuade me to buy an N810 myself, now!
Maybe but so far its fun.

I must say though prior to adding the memory card adapter to my N810 I did not have much use for it because I was use to my N800 and all the memory. Now I have a 32GB installed and the cover have storage for one to 2 more.

I have also tested many memory cards including the Sandisk 16gb extreme III. It is the best but also the highest price. The time I use to to wait for card directories to show up in Xournal or file manager is now less than half of what it was. The music players scan the music much faster.

Also I am not sure of this yet but the battery life seems to be much better. This may have something to do with the fact the the card draws much more current when it is being accessed so the longer it takes to scan the more power it uses. I am not sure of this yet. It takes many days to test this on the tablet.

It would help if home up time kept a log file between turn on and off.

I am also working on some more exciting products so go on and get that N810.

thanks

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I have also tested many memory cards including the Sandisk 16gb extreme III. It is the best but also the highest price. The time I use to to wait for card directories to show up in Xournal or file manager is now less than half of what it was. The music players scan the music much faster.
A Google search tells me that this card advertises a 30MB data rate, as opposed to the Class 6 minimum speed rating of 6MB. That is really fast! On the other hand, I just bought a 16 GB Class 6 SD card for my N800 for less than $40. You stated that the 30MB/s card is only approximately twice as fast in practice, and my searches suggest that it is more than 4x the price... I guess I'll keep waiting.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
A Google search tells me that this card advertises a 30MB data rate, as opposed to the Class 6 minimum speed rating of 6MB. That is really fast! On the other hand, I just bought a 16 GB Class 6 SD card for my N800 for less than $40. You stated that the 30MB/s card is only approximately twice as fast in practice, and my searches suggest that it is more than 4x the price... I guess I'll keep waiting.
I have only tested the card using quick observations so it may be much faster. There may also be a limiting factor in the tablet. I do not know this. I also have 2 Adata 16GB and others and this card is the one that makes the file accessing more tolerable to me. I will do some more exact testing in the near future. The thing I tested the most was the different current draw of each card. This is for another project I am working on.

Clearly the price difference will keep most people from buying this card but this is the way I educate myself and make sure I know what I am talking about mostly since someone asked me to write about different cards I have used. I was also very curious what the difference would be with this series of card. By the way I had to pay $130.00 for this education.

Thanks

Last edited by craves1; 2008-10-23 at 19:08.

Now I have a 32GB installed and the cover have storage for one to 2 more.
Youhouhou !!!!!! )
Are you saying we could have... one day... wait... 3 x 32 is ... 96 Gigs of storage ?
I am hesitant, because I use my tablet very often in my car, to play music, using the Nokia supplied "car mount".
Sorry, I may be wrong, but you did not answer my question once (the answer may be obvious, but : the cover you make, makes the N810 unmountable in the car mount, right ?
It would be soooo cool, if that was'nt true...
XooH

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Ummm.... If you are willing to invest in 96 GB of memory cards, and 3 adapters, would it really be that difficult to buy another car mount? There are multiple threads on car mounts that work with the N810.

Looks awesome, but I just bought a microSD card for the tablet. Oh well...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
There are multiple threads on car mounts that work with the N810.
Really ? I did'nt have time to look after this recently.
I'll do it...
thanks,
XooH

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
There may also be a limiting factor in the tablet.
Yes, with stock tablet linux kernel maximum speed is approx. 7MB/s and with high-speed SD mode (48MHz) it is approx 12MB/s. So definitely 30MB/s is not possible. Also 30MB/s is not possible for SD even in theory. SD communication is in 4 bit mode and maximum defined bus frequency is 50MHz (SD specification). This gives 25MB/s maximum bandwidth of SD bus. Real maximum speeds are lower, see e.g. http://www.hjreggel.net/cardspeed/speed-cards.html#sd2 - Transcend 150x 4GB gives 21MB/s

On our tablet maximum SD bus speed is 48MHz (OMAP2 MMC clock 96MHz with integer divider) but CPU power and linux kernel and sd/mmc driver overhead reduces this to far lower speeds mentioned above. Also those are raw block device speeds, filesystem layer adds additional overhead too.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Last edited by fanoush; 2008-10-24 at 07:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:

Tags
16gb on n810, 32g n810, memory upgards for n810, memory upgrade n810