Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
i just got my N810 yesterday. came pre-installed with a dated firmware so i tried download the latest firmware image using this link http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N810.php but my internet is very slow and unsatble. it would take like 2:30 min for me to be able to download the image using my current connection which breaks a lot. and when it breaks i would have to restart the download. on 5 occasions i was at 90% before it failed. does anybody have the the latest diablo image for linux ? can you help me upload it to an upload site that support resume download like mediafire or sendspace ? i would really appreciate if you can do this for me thanks.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Have you tryed to download it using a download manager?

yeah i have .. i mean this is really frustrating .. i have been primarily on linux for almost a year now but because of this problem i have had to install windows xp on a computer just so i can use the speed of internet download manager .. its impossible to use wget or any other downloader in linux because of its restrictive nature .. just now a download process stopped at 60% .. and once there is a tiny break in internet connection -which i get alot- then i would have to restart the whole process .. i mean its almost a day now that i have spent trying to download this thing .. i haven't even had any use of the device because i want to flash and install the update before i settle down to using the thing. its so frustrating. i have restarted another download process the 19th one . i would have to wait for another 2 hours to see the result.guess by the level of success am getting. i can already guess the out come .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbrovar For This Useful Post:
even had to call an old friend who leaves in china .. briefed on my situation and he helped me out. so i was able to download the firmware image and flash the IT to the latests update after some small problems with permission.which i resolved by chmod 777 the flasher-3.0 so now i can start rocking this device . thanks for at least listening

Originally Posted by bigbrovar View Post
yeah i have .. i mean this is really frustrating .. i have been primarily on linux for almost a year now but because of this problem i have had to install windows xp on a computer just so i can use the speed of internet download manager .. its impossible to use wget or any other downloader in linux because of its restrictive nature ..
I guess you don't really know what you are doing because what you say makes no sense. wget may be complex or difficult to master, but it is probably the most powerful download manager in existence. Not only that, but you also have kget in kde, gwget for gnome, the firefox3 download manager, and some more, including frontends for wget.

just now a download process stopped at 60% .. and once there is a tiny break in internet connection -which i get alot- then i would have to restart the whole process .. .
The download manager does that for you.
For wget you have to use the "-c -t 0" options to continue a partial download and make any number of retries.
My advice is to use kget or gwget.

I guess you don't really know what you are doing because what you say makes no sense.
makes no sense to you - yes. make no sense at all - no...
its sad that you just jump into conclusion on something you obviously know little about. .. have you ever tried downloading the RX-44_DIABLO_4.2008.23-14_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin image file for linux? because if you have then you would notice that you need to enter you product ID and accept the download eula before download can commerce. and once you start download. it must not be interrupted otherwise it wont resume till you go back and redo the whole product id and Eula acceptance thingie. ... My problem was my internet connection is very unstable causing the download to fail and me having to restart from the beginning. even with wget -c it wont continue .. all wget -c would do is download an html file that says you download session has expired. i tried using internet download manager on windows. which is to me the most powerful download manager there is. and the best i got was 90% 4 times but it still failed. i run only linux and all my computers are linux. i dont have any windows box not even on virtual box. ( the windows machine i used was for the school) so irefox3 download manager,wget,qwget,kget, are all tools i know very well and play with. but even they were helpless. my problem was not with the download tool. but my internet connection which kept breaking.
but like i said. i called a friend in china who downloaded the file and uploaded to his server. from there i downloaded it with wget. and was able to flash my nokia n810.

My Blog

The Following User Says Thank You to bigbrovar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bigbrovar View Post
makes no sense to you - yes. make no sense at all - no...
its sad that you just jump into conclusion on something you obviously know little about. ..
Please, don't get angry. Clearly I misunderstood you. You didn't explained the issues with the download page, so it isn't entirely my fault
have you ever tried downloading the RX-44_DIABLO_4.2008.23-14_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin image file for linux? because if you have then you would notice that you need to enter you product ID and accept the download eula before download can commerce.
No. I do not accept the eula, so I'm only binded by copyright law, and I can do whatever the law allows (like reverse engineering) without adding more restrictions to an already very restrictive law.

Please, don't get angry. Clearly I misunderstood you. You didn't explained the issues with the download page, so it isn't entirely my fault
yeah i guess we are cool .. and you are right maybe i didnt articulate the problem well enough. but like i said its all good now.
No. I do not accept the eula, so I'm only binded by copyright law, and I can do whatever the law allows (like reverse engineering) without adding more restrictions to an already very restrictive law.
hmmmm

My Blog