Active Topics

Looks like the App Manager is horrible is resolving dependencies. Like it couldn't install canola2 beta because it was missing python 2.5. I ended having to use apt-get to install.

Bring up the command line to install app is kind of slower than using a GUI to install app. Also, it doesn't have nice way to browse installable apps. App manager UI is fine, just that it won't resolve dependcies. Is any GUI out there that actually resolves dependencies? So I don't have to use the command line?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by thureen View Post
Looks like the App Manager is horrible is resolving dependencies. Like it couldn't install canola2 beta because it was missing python 2.5. I ended having to use apt-get to install.
Application Manager is fine at installing dependencies, are you sure you had Extras enabled?

How do you enable the extras? I know there list of servers in App manager and do I see extra. I think apt-get and App manager uses the same list of servers to find dependencies, doesn't it?

canola2 got stuck because it couldn't get python 2.5. Might in the extras, I am guessing.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
How do you enable the extras? I know there list of servers in App manager and do I see extra.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras

I think apt-get and App manager uses the same list of servers to find dependencies, doesn't it?
Yes.

canola2 got stuck because it couldn't get python 2.5. Might in the extras, I am guessing.
Yes.