Notices

Thanks Yann Benigot, you always respond so fast! You have my gratitude good sir.

Hi all,

I have been playing with this program for a bit but I still can't get the various functions to work (like sin). Did I read an earlier post right when it said that you actually have to own one of these calculators to be able to properly use the program. I have a ti-84 plus, can I use that?

anpaza : I tried this (the recompiled package is here), but it didn't change anything on a simple test (drawing Y=cos(sin(x))). Thank you for trying to help :-)

GriNN : Do you use pedrom or a Ti-89/92/Voyager ROM ? Pedrom is good at running some applications designed for Ti m68k calculators, but not for calculus actually, even if its last versions are a lot faster on some calculus functions than the officials ROM. You have to own the calculator which you are using the ROM legally. So if you want to use a Ti-89 ROM, you may have a Ti-89 for example.
To get a calculator's ROM, you can use TiLP to download it from your calculator or you can download one from the web.

Uh... It seems that I can't download the package any more, I just get 404'd.

It's here: http://yannbng.free.fr/Maemo/repo/dists/chinook/

Offtopic: Anyone get x48 running under diablo ?

hey, i'm not really sure what i'm doing and i'd appreciate it if someone could help me with this.
i've got an n810 with diablo, and i tried to download and install tiemu 2 from http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/tiemu2/ , but it didn't work. it installed yann benigot's repository, but wouldn't continue the install because it said i was missing libticables, libticalcs, and libtifiles. i tried to download those from http://yannbng.free.fr/Maemo/repo
but it said 'incompatible application package.' also, sometimes it says that yann benigot's repository could not refresh (404 error or something).
one more thing: i have no idea how to get the rom file.
i would be eternally grateful if someone could show me how to do this right.

Edit: I finally got it figured out, but it wont graph or do anything besides basic stuff. any ideas how to fix this?

Last edited by bitzks; 2008-09-18 at 01:08.

I also have diablo. But on a n800. And I also canīt seem to get TiEmu2 to install. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
Note: I am still using Maemo Linux OS 2008 R2, not Diablo.

In case anyone is dealing with trying to get TiEmu working with different skins, you will notice that the actual ROM you are using determines what skins you can use with the emulator.

I was finally able to use the ROM dump from my TI-89 Titanium by downloading these skins (designed so that the bottom of the TI is on the right side), renaming "Ti89Hughes01.skn" to "ipaq_89t.skn", and moving it into the /usr/share/tiemu2 directory (requires root access).

BTW: I had to use TiLP2 to dump the ROM from the TI-89 Ti.

Now I can use TI-89 Ti programs on my N800, like the Calculus Tools.

Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

Last edited by OSEmuTech; 2008-11-18 at 03:22. Reason: Fixed link to point to skin page instead of zip file

That skin link gives me '403: Forbidden.'

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
That skin link gives me '403: Forbidden.'
Use this one instead.

Hrm, seems copying and pasting the link into the browser works better.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-11-17 at 15:44.