Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Mountain View, CA
Originally Posted by Klauven View Post
So I installed the latest version of the Video Converter...my first video I converted...came out upside down. The source file is correct, but the output file was upside down. Anyone else get this?
*blink* Really? This one I have got to see. Can you please post a bug at https://bugs.maemo.org? Bugzilla only allows attachments of a few megs or so, so if your original video is huge in size, is there anywhere I can download it from you?

Check out the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter

Well, I tried it with a different movie, and it came out upside down too. The source files that are coming out upside down come from a divx made with CloneDVD mobile. I tried with other files I got from the internet and they come out fine. Its really weird. I will post the bug when I can...I guess I could cut the clip down so I can upload part of it, but...not sure if thats helpful.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
I am led to believe that CloneDVD is causing the upside down image and not the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter.

Since the new version was released several days ago, I'm happy to say that it has worked fine for me, with output videos playing flawlessly on my N800. I just converted all 6 episodes of Star Wars overnight and am copying them over to my N800 now. Input files were 700MB, output files were 569MB

if only I had somewhere to backup these converted videos....say, like an FTP server or something.

Originally Posted by vbrilon View Post
There's a new release of the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter available: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter
I'm trying to install this now on XP (for the first time, the BBC iPlayer MP4 downloads have motivated me to get video on my N800/OS2008).

During the install there's a pre-requisite install of MSFT C++ 2005 libraries - I've previously upgraded to the MSFT C++ 2008 libraries. I assume that I couldn't have both installed concurrently or should I just go ahead and accept the installer's recommended actions?

Thanks for any forthcoming advice.

Originally Posted by vaiodon View Post
I'm trying to install this now on XP (for the first time, the BBC iPlayer MP4 downloads have motivated me to get video on my N800/OS2008).

During the install there's a pre-requisite install of MSFT C++ 2005 libraries - I've previously upgraded to the MSFT C++ 2008 libraries. I assume that I couldn't have both installed concurrently or should I just go ahead and accept the installer's recommended actions?

Thanks for any forthcoming advice.
The installer *should* be smart enough to not mess up your existing libs. If it's not -- please file a bug report.

Check out the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter

Nokia Converter is specially designed for Nokia Mobile phone users which allows you to convert various video and audio formats to your Nokia. No matter you are using N95,N91, N73,7610, 7510, 6300,6120,5700,5600,5310, 5300, ect, with Nokia 3GP Converter, you can convert your favourite movies or MV to your Nokia without interruption.

Cross posted from another thread --

It's worth adding here, that in spite of the name, the "Nokia Converter" software does not come from Nokia, nor is endorsed by anyone from Nokia. I'd suspect the authors of that software may want to consider rethinking the name of it due to trademark issues. But I am not lawyer, so I don't know. What I do know is that Nokia has nothing to do with this software.

The Following User Says Thank You to vbrilon For This Useful Post:
I downloaded the latest ( v0.32 ) and I keep getting the popup

"The mediahandler process could not start properly.

Please check to make sure you have your firewall configured to allow it to connect. "

I am running on an XP laptop that is sitting behind router and uses NAT. Where is the mediahandler.exe trying to connect ? Does it connect to a server out on the internet on port 1234 ? Or does it listen on the port 1234 ? Or is it trying to connect to port 1234 on the local box ? I have tried opening port 1234 on my router firewall for incoming connection, all outgoing ports are already open, and Windows firewall has exceptions listed for Mediahandler and Internet Tablet Video Converter .

What more do I need to do ?

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ NYC, NY
Originally Posted by stl1859 View Post
I downloaded the latest ( v0.32 ) and I keep getting the popup

"The mediahandler process could not start properly.

Please check to make sure you have your firewall configured to allow it to connect. "

I am running on an XP laptop that is sitting behind router and uses NAT. Where is the mediahandler.exe trying to connect ? Does it connect to a server out on the internet on port 1234 ? Or does it listen on the port 1234 ? Or is it trying to connect to port 1234 on the local box ? I have tried opening port 1234 on my router firewall for incoming connection, all outgoing ports are already open, and Windows firewall has exceptions listed for Mediahandler and Internet Tablet Video Converter .

What more do I need to do ?
I would do the following:
a) delete the .exe
b) run every virus scanner I can get my hands on.
c) consider my wasted time as a lesson in running downloaded .exes....

I cannot think that there is any valid reason that a program such as this would need to connect to the internet.... (unless you explicitly were pointing it at something that you know lives on port 1234 ....)

It listens on port 1234 on the machine itself, so your router has nothing to do with it