Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Looks like problem with file permissions. Don't run it from memory card and extract kbdd.tar.gz directly into internal flash.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
Would it be a problem if I extracted it from the archive on my desktop and then put it onto the card? I am going to go ahead and extract the archive with the n800 into the internal flash and let you know what happens. Thanks.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by verumgero View Post
Would it be a problem if I extracted it from the archive on my desktop and then put it onto the card?.
Yes. That is the problem.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
Yes. That is the problem.
That was the problem indeed. I got the proper extensions for xarchiver and I extracted it on the n800, I ran through the steps, and now everything works. I really want to say thank you for all of this. Just think of it this way: If I would have had an iphone or something and then went out and got a keyboard for it only to discover that it doesn't work with it some apple tech would just say "Too bad, buy another keyboard." But here I am with a keyboard that doesn't work and after a little asking around and researching on my own I get it to work. This community of helpfulness is what has me sold on everything open source. Thanks for validating my faith in humanity.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Flint MI
Fanoush, I have the ElekTek working fine now. thanks to everyone's help. One small issue, the enter key extends and retracts the on screen keyboard. This is the same behavior as an USB keyboard. On a USB keyboard you have to use the numeric enter key. But the ElekTek has no numeric enter key. Right now I am using a control-m. How hard would it be to remapp the standard enter key to control-m? If it is a lot of work it is not worth the effort but if simple, it would make it a bit handier. Again, thanks for all of your help to this point.

Tags
bluetooth, development, keyboard